6

A loose plum kimono with patterned sakura blossoms that decorated it from the bottom up as it wrapped around the small frame

A loose plum kimono with patterned sakura blossoms that decorated it from the bottom up as it wrapped around the small frame. On her feet were a pair of okobo's that made a clacking noise as she took a step on the concrete ground. The wintry wind blew past her face, causing her ebony silk haori that hung loosely off her shoulders and around her arms, to flutter.

The cold January wind caressed her longer locks of raven hair that grew over the passing months, as did her height as she had reached the age of puberty. Despite being a witch, she aged at the normal pace of a human being, an exhale left her cherry lips along with a puff of smoky air.

The ground rumbled and the beast growled lowly, a drip of saliva running down from it's mouth as it's scarlet eyes glinted. A natural born predator look. However, the monster's glare was no match for her crimson gaze that swallowed apparitions up whole. They may have been larger, taller and bigger.

Their eyes may be more red, more hungry, but hers were powerful. Hers were the eyes of that who had lived through much more than the naked eye could see. From an apparition who had only recently been born, it had nothing on the witch whom lived much longer.

The witch's opaque paper umbrella twirled in her hand as she stared at the creature. "Subdue it, Nora." Keiko had shouted to her. Nora pulled out paper spell tags from thin air, waving them in her hand as they turned into paper shide and shimenawa that were tied to a rice rope used to fend off evil spirits.

The apparition dodged the ropes that dove after it. The creature leapt up and down, scratching and ripping apart the sacred ropes with it's razor sharp nails, letting out an aggravated roar as Nora snapped her fingers, the ropes regenerating on their own, wrapping around the supernatural as it squirmed and flailed.

It even let out an ear piercing roar that pushed her light weight back a few inches. "I implore thee visitant specter to make oneself scarce and recrudesce thyself to the void." Her hand fan crackled open as the floor rumbled, a fissure in the ground split open as black shadowy arms reached for the apparition, pulling it down to the hole as it let out an eerie roar.

By the time the ground closed up again, not even a crack was seen and the apparition was gone.

"That makes the fifth outstanding exorcism this weekend, Nora! You're doing outstanding! I knew that your shrine maiden roots would come in handy! It makes passing on my priestess skills onto you much easier!" The pregnant woman clapped her hands in delight as she rubbed her round belly.

The girl let out a sigh, morphing into a small ebony black cat, leaping onto the woman's shoulder. "Are you done using me now, Keiko?" Nora sighed exasperatedly.

The woman let out a laugh. "Yes, yes, I'm quite hungry as well. Let's go eat dinner. I'm sure Daisuke should be done right around now." Keiko picked up the umbrella from the floor as they made their way back to the temporary hotel that they were staying at.