40

3 DAYS BEFORE

3 DAYS BEFORE

It wasn't often that the witch was left alone by herself. It was well known by her contractor about her elusive and dark thoughts that seemed to bubble alive when everything was quiet and she had time to herself. In addition to that .. the girl got lonely easily. Even though she enjoyed quiet, she enjoyed it more with someone's presence beside her.

Just a week before the fall festival, the second year student was sent out for a quick run to the local bakery to pick up some boxes and more cupcake wrappers.

When she had come back ..

"This .. isn't the school .. Is it?" If it was, it wasn't the school that she knew.

As a witch, exorcist and even shrine maiden, Nora was hardly ever effected by other supernatural powers. Seeing as how she was mixed with so many, there was a resistance built against it. Even she was immune to Kako's time reversal, Akane's time stopping and for the most part, Teru's lightning.

So .. when she had found herself stumbling back under the looming gates of the school ..

It looked different.

It wasn't decorated as it was just twenty minutes prior, and it was dead empty.

"Teru?" The first name she called out, and of course, there was no answer. The presence of spiritual energy was also absent .. except for one. But indefinitely, it wasn't his in any way.

How could she have been effected by a supernatural phenomenon?

Before Nora took a peer into her void, if this was related to time and supernaturals .. the Wonders had to be visited first.

If they still existed in this time.

It felt unsettling to be by herself. Exorcisms was one thing, being in a time period, a place with people she wasn't sure still existed was another.

What could have possibly occurred again, for this to happen?

Within the past two years, ever since they had entered the academy, all sorts of things have happened that shouldn't have. Almost as though someone had been watching their move from the start.

A new clock keeper, clock keepers going loose, Wonders, supernaturals that didn't exist before, disturbance of apparitions, the nearshore, farshore and even distortion of time itself.

For some reason, had they not been doing their job right? Was this because of the necromancy act?

The large clock on the front of the school still moved. It was 4 PM, but the skies were dark and overcast, the trees were tilted and swayed to the side as they were hit with a large gust of breezy air.

There was a narrow library adorned with long bookshelves extending from the floor to the ceiling and tall rock columns. The bookstacks were noticeably dark, with a a number of levitating oil lamps that illuminated the area.