"I guess you're right. I mean, you didn't ask to be put in the middle of this, and if you would've told me, Mako and Korra would've been upset with you. So I guess I understand why you didn't. It just sucks, ya know.." She trails off.

"I know. I just hope that whatever happens between you, Mako, and my sister, we can still be friends."

"Of course, always."

...

This entire day started out with nothing but bad luck for us, and this battle with Amon is getting worse and worse. The United forces came, and the minute they sailed in, they were ambushed. Korra and I had to save General Iroh and his men because not only were they ambushed, they were attacked from the skys! The image of fire raining from the sky will forever be ingrained in my memory. We were all prepared for Amon's mecha tanks, but when they came down in aircrafts, we didn't even have a second to comprehend what was about to happen. We should've expected this, Hiroshi is an evil genius for gosh sakes!

Amon continues to have the upper hand, and it seems like every time we take one step forward, we have to take two steps back. I don't know know what else Amon can do, but whatever it is, it's going to get a lot worse.

"Now comes the hard part," Iroh says. "We need to ground those aircrafts. Otherwise, Bumi's fleet would never be able to retake the city."

"They flew in from this direction," Mako says as he directs us to the map. "The airfield must be somewhere over this mountain range."

"Everyone get ready, we leave at dawn."

"It's time to take down my father," Asami mutters darkly.

"Wait, I'm sorry, but I'm not going with you tomorrow," Korra says.

"What? Why not?" Asami asks.

"I'm sick and tired of hiding from Amon. It's time I face him."

I can't believe I'm saying this, but yeah, I agree with Korra. I just don't know what else has to happen to take Amon down. Who else has to get hurt? They've already taken over every corner of Republic City. We have no other choice but to let the Avatar take over.

"That's not a good plan. We need to stick together," Iroh argues.

"I'm not waiting for him to hunt me down. My guts tell me it's time to end this, on my terms."

"Korra, this is not a mission you shouldn't be handling alone," Iroh argues again.

"She won't be alone," I tell him. "I'm going with her."

There is no way I'm letting my sister fight that lunatic alone. Yes I'm terrified of Amon, but I'm even more terrified of losing my sister.

"I'm going, too," Mako says looking at me.

"You don't have to do that," Korra tells him.

"Yes, I do."

"Hmm ... My grandfather would respect the Avatar's instinct," Iroh observes. He wouldn't, but ok. "So will I."

...

"Love you, little bro," Mako tells Bolin as they embrace each other.

"Love you back, big bro."

It's really nice of Mako to come with Korra and I. And I know finding Amon is our first priority, but I don't know... The teenage girl in me wishes Mako was coming for me, too. I know he likes Korra, and you know what's crazy? For a split second, I really thought I had a chance.

"Korra, Amon is a nasty dude. Be careful," Bolin says.

"I will. Good luck. If you're going into the mountains, you should bring Naga. Take good care of Bolin for me," Korra tells Naga, and the furry beast gives her a big lick.