8

"You're listening to 'The Music Hour'!" The man on the radio announces.

Right now my sister, the boys, and I are at the gym. They're getting ready for tonight, and I'm watching them train, along with Pabu who is sleeping peacefully on my lap. Tonight are the final rounds of the championship, and we are all so excited! I'm still annoyed at my sister for stirring up so much drama the last time, amongst other things, but hopefully this time around we have a drama free night filled with nothing but good luck for us. I want Tahno to go down!

"Man, I got a good feeling about tonight. I don't care if we are the underdogs. We can take those pompous Wolfbats," Korra exclaims.

"It's going to be our toughest match yet, but I think you're right," Mako says.

"Introducing your new champs, The Fantastic Fire Ferrets!" Bolin yells out happily.

My smile fades when I notice the radio beginning to broadcast static.

"Good morning citizens of Republic City."

I know that voice all too well.

"This is Amon. I hope you all enjoyed last night's pro-bending match, because it will be the last. It's time for this city to stop worshiping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling on the council to shut down the bending arena and cancel the finals, or else there will be severe consequences."

The radio goes static again, and we all look at each other worryingly. I should've known it was too good to be true. Just hearing Amon's voice gives me shivers. He has the ability to take somebody's bending away, that's scary. I knew we would have to face him sooner or later, but I wish it were later... A lot later.

"You think the council will give in?" Mako asks Korra.

"I'm not waiting to find out. We need to get to City Hall."

...

There they are; Tenzin and the council, and of course Tarrlok is here. I bet he's going to want to shut down the arena. He's still bitter that Korra quit the task force and that I still refuse to join, but does he really expect me to join his team when he can't even get my name right? To him I'm either,'the Avatar's sister,' or 'Kitten', and they both bug me.

"Korra, you shouldn't be here. This is a closed meeting," Tenzin says to my sister.

"As the Avatar and a pro-bending player, I have a right to be heard. You can't cancel the finals."

"I know winning the championship means a lot to you. But as far as I'm concerned, we need to shut the arena down."

"Tarrlok, there's no way you're backing down from Amon, right?" Korra asks.

"Actually," Tarrlok starts as he approaches us, "Tenzin and I agree for once."

"The council is unanimous. We're closing the arena," Tenzin announces.

"No! You can't!" The boys and I exclaim.

"Pro-bending might only be a game to you, but think of what it means to the city!" Mako says strongly. "Right now the arena is the one place where benders and nonbenders gather together ... in-in peace! To watch benders ..."

"Beat each other up! In peace!" I finish for him.

"It's an inspiration to everyone!" Bolin finishes for me.

"I appreciate your naive idealism, but you're ignoring the reality of the situation," Tarrlok says, and I frown at his arrogant attitude.

"The reality is," I rebuttal, "If you close the arena, you let Amon win!"