3;3

"Oh my goodness, what happened?" I ask while running up to Tenzin.

It looks like the whole town is here! Tenzin, the police, the president and his officials, and so many reporters! This must be serious.

"There's another airbender, and the police chased him up Kyoshi bridge," Tenzin answers.

I look up at the bridge, worried for the person's safety. He's so far up. I'm glad Korra is handling this. At least he doesn't have to go through this by himself.

"He must've been so scared..." I trail off. "Just to wake up one day and realize you're an airbender..."

"Are you ok, Kitty?" Bolin asks, startling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I lie. "Just worried about our new friend is all."

Of course I can't tell him. I love Bolin, but he can't hold ice water. Just think about it. He let it slip to Asami that Mako and Korra kissed, then Asami was mad at me because Bolin let it slip that I also knew about Mako and Korra! If he were to tell Tenzin or anyone else that I can bend two elements, especially one element that has been missing from the world for almost two hundred years, I would be so mad at him! He's my best friend, and I wish I could tell him, but I have to protect myself... Just like always.

I can tell he doesn't believe me with the look he's giving me, but he doesn't say anything. He just goes back to watching the action. Isn't it crazy how one man can cause this much commotion? I guess because the world hasn't had many airbenders these past few centuries, we really don't know how to handle these kind of situations. I mean, this man can blow us all away with one flick of the wrist! We need to learn how to handle these kind of situations and get use to airbenders walking among us again.

I cover my eyes when the man suddenly plunges down the bridge. He's falling fast.

"Ahh!" I and Bolin shriek.

My heart races as Korra dives down with her glider and swoops the man up in her arms and saves him. The crowd, including myself, cheers, and I wipe away the nervous sweat that drips from my forehead. I'm so relieved he's ok! That was so close to ending bad, but of course Korra wouldn't have let that happen.

Tenzin and I approach the new airbender, and I give him the most sincere smile I can muster, even though I have so much on my mind right now. On the brightside, this is my first time meeting a new airbender that wasn't birthed by Pema or related to Aang, and that's pretty cool!

"Daw, meet Kitty," Korra introduces us.

"Hi, nice to meet you," I say politely, and he gives me a warm smile.

"And this is Tenzin," Korra continues. "He is going to help you."

"It is absolutely my pleasure to meet you, Daw. I have never met a new airbender before. Well, at least not one whose diaper I didn't have to change," Tenzin jokes.

"Yeah, same!" I laugh.

"Actually, I just fell off a bridge, so I could use a fresh diaper right about now."

Ew.

"So, is this the deal? We have crisis every other day now, thanks to you?"

I turn around and of course I roll my eyes. Of course it's Raiko, it's always Raiko. I love that Republic City has a more modern way of government, but dealing with Raiko makes me miss the council at times. Raiko is a whiney spoiled brat who is manipulative and only cares about poll numbers, but what should we expect from a politician?

"Listen, I know you're having a tough time getting used to these changes, and I'm sorry for that, but you and everyone else are going to have to learn live with it. The vines and the spirits are here to stay," Korra tells him.

I'm so proud of my sister. Being separated from Raava sucked. Losing her past lives sucked even more, but I have to admit, Korra has matured a lot since then, and she's handling this well. The old Korra was hot headed and would've chucked Raiko over this bridge by now. She's really calmed down.

"Well, you know who's not here to stay? You! I order you to leave this city. You've caused nothing but trouble since you arrived."

"Excuse me!" I exclaim. "You can't do that, you have no right! And If it weren't for the Avatar and Firelord Zuko, there wouldn't even be a city! And if it weren't for Avatar Korra, you would've been overthrown by Amon, or worse, Unavaatu would've put the entire world through 10,000 years of darkness! Is that what you wanted, Raiko? 10,000 years of complete chaos?!"

Hey, I said Korra calmed down. I didn't say anything about me.

"I've got this," she tells me, and then turns back to Raiko. "Don't worry, I was already leaving."

Raiko walks away and I trail behind him slightly.

"Yeah? You better walk away! And don't expect for me to vote for you next election!" I tell him and walk back to Korra and Tenzin.

The absolute nerve of that guy! Does he not understand that this is a good thing? That the airbenders being back means our world is healing? He's awful! First he refused to help my homeland when we were being attacked by Unalaq, and now he's kicking my sister out of the city! The city she saved not just once, but twice?!

"I can see my path now. There are new airbenders out there, and I'm going to find them and rebuild the Air Nation," Korra says.

"Don't think I'm not going with you. It's so exciting. Who knows who's out there now, discovering the gift of airbending for the first time?" Tenzin asks happily.

Despite whatever I have going on, I'm really happy for him. His father would be proud.

"So what do you say, Kitty?" Korra asks me. "I know you love Republic City, but I can't do this without you. Will you come with me to find the new airbenders?"

...

Author here!

So what do you guys think? I know this chapter is short, but do you think Kitty will leave Republic City to help Korra find the new airbenders?