3;17

A/n I loved writing this chapter!
...

The new Air Nation is in jeopardy. In an effort to force Korra to surrender herself, Zaheer ambushed the Northern Air Temple. Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya attempted to hold off the Red Lotus, but were injured in battle. The airbenders were unable to escape and everyone was taken captive, except Kai. Now Korra and Team Avatar race to the temple hoping to mount a rescue.

...

My mind is buzzing, my palms are sweaty, and my world is crashing down.

As everyone tries to figure out a solution to stop Zaheer, I'm trying to keep it together. I don't know what to do, I feel so helpless. Everything happened so fast, and once again, the Air Nation is in trouble- And my sister is in trouble!

"Well I haven't noticed you offering any suggestions," Bolin snaps at Mako.

Everyone is stressed out. We're all trying to figure out what the hell we're going to do. We're butting heads, and we haven't agreed on anything.

"It doesn't matter," Korra says discouragingly. "None of these ideas will work. The second Zaheer realizes we're up to something, he'll wipe out the airbenders."

"And Opal is one of those airbenders. Believe me, I understand what's at stake," Suyin reasons.

"Then I think you agree that the only plan that will work is for me to give myself up."

"What!?" Mako and I sputter.

Is she mad?! That's a terrible idea!

"Korra, no," my father says. "We'll figure out another way."

"I talked it over with Lord Zuko, and I've given it a lot of thought. I have to do this," my sister states.

Ugh, Lord Zuko, I hate that guy.

"You can't expect us to sit by and let Zaheer take you," Asami says.

She's right, because I won't let her! We've seen what Zaheer has done to Aiwei and to the Earth Queen. He's already broken out of prison after 13 years! He even managed to break into the safest city in the world! She's not giving herself up, no!

"The world has been out of balance for far too long: it needs the Air Nation back again. I can't let Zaheer destroy it and everyone we love. Help me save the airbenders, then you can worry about saving me."

I look around and my eyes land on my father. Why is he just sitting there?! He can't actually let her do this!

"No!" I exclaim. "You all can't be serious! She can't do this, we can't let Zaheer take her!"

"Kitty-" my father tries.

"No, dad! I-I don't care about the world being out of balance! It'll be even more out of balance if Zaheer kills her! There has to be another way where Korra doesn't have to give herself up and we can save the airbenders, too!"

"Kitty, there's no other choice," my sister says and places a gentle hand on my shoulder.

I look at her, and she looks at me. We shouldn't do this, but how can I stop her with everyone on her side? I hate this so much.

"We're with you, Korra," my dad says. "Right, Kitty?"

"Whatever," I answer, not looking at anybody. This is so stupid.

"Yes," Suyin adds. "Whatever you need, we're here."

"I'll go radio Zaheer," Korra says, and she walks off.