4;21

THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

But don't be sad! We still have the alternate ending, epilogue, and bonus chapter left!

And just a warning, this is a loooong chapter!

-Happy Reading!

...

"And though the battle took a severe toll on our beloved city, out of the destruction, love did bloom!So that is why, dearest friends and family, we gather today to celebrate the wondrous, and at time inexplicable bond between Sir Varrick and the Lady Zhu Li!"

I'm so happy to be here. Not only did I not miss the wedding, but everyone is here! Tenzin and his family, my parents, the Beifong's, Team Avatar, the Fire Lord and her family, and many of the Republic City citizens who we've become acquainted with over the years. All of my friends are here- except Raiko, he's here too, but he's not my friend.

Our reunion was everything I thought it would be. My mom is set on taking me back to the south with her, which is not going to happen. My dad and Tenzin wanted to take me to a healer to make sure I'm ok.. Even though I am a healer. Suyin and Baatar Sr. apologized to me a bunch, and all of my friends were just really excited that we are all together again.

Varrick and Zhu Li look incredible together, and their wedding venue is absolutely breathtaking, as the spirit portal radiates in view with the spirits flying all around in the sky. Zhu Li looks beautiful in her wedding dress. It's simple, but perfect for her. Varrick is a mess, which isn't really surprising. I think it's sweet that he's so emotional. Varrick is many things, but I do think he's going to be a great husband.

"True love is a fickle creature. Difficult to find, nearly impossible to tame. But Varrick and Zhu Li have proven that even the longest of long shots can have a chance at happiness together."

Bolin is doing an amazing job. He and Pabu look so handsome in their suits! I can't believe that that day of sneaking into the probending arena on my (redo) 16th birthday and almost getting caught lead me to meet my best friend. How am I so lucky to have the sweetest guy ever in my life? I remember after Amon took my bending, I felt so lost and hopeless- similar to how I felt when I lost Raina. If it weren't for Bolin that day, lets just say that I wouldn't be here right now.

"Now for the vows!" Bolin announces as Pabu climbs on top of his shoulder with a small scroll around his neck.

"Thank you, Master Pabu," he continues as he grabs the scroll. "Do you, Sir Iknik Blackstone Varrick of the Southern Water Tribe, Master of the High Seas, take the Lady Zhu Li Moon to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Iknik!?

''Will you promise to treat her not as your assistant, but as your honored and cherished partner?"

"You're darn tootin' I do!" Varrick exclaims happily.

"And do you, Zhu Li, take Varrick, to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to care for him, in sickness and in health, and also scrub his callouses on a bi-weekly basis, which ... isn't really that much to ask ..."

'And there we go,' I think to myself and roll my eyes. I do think Varrick is going to be a good husband... It just might take awhile.

I laugh as Bolin crumples the paper and looks to Varrick annoyed.

"Okay, I'm not reading all this."

"I do take Varrick. Callouses and all," Zhu Li announces while looking at Varrick lovingly.

What a beautiful moment. I hope someone will look at me like that one day. Though the two have had an unconventional relationship, it's still something I admire. At least Zhu Li made Varrick feel comfortable enough to be himself, and same for Zhu Li. That's the goal, to be with someone who I'm comfortable with enough to be unapologetically me. Maybe some day. I'm still young, I have time.