4;8

A/n

Do you guys prefer longer chapters or shorter ones?

...

Kuvira has defeated the Avatar and now controls the entire Earth Empire. Luckily, the airbender kids and Opal rescued Korra and escaped Zaofu. For the first time in three years, Korra will finally be back in Republic City! Meanwhile,Varrick, Bolin, Kitty, and Jade escaped from Baatar Jr. and are on the run. But will they make it back to the city in time to warn everyone about Kuvira's new spirit energy super weapon?

...

I'm going to puke, I'm going to puke, I'm going to puke... and I think Bolin is going to pass out.

We've been walking for hours trying to get away from Kuvira and her troops as much as we can. We need to get to Republic City, but being so close to Zaofu, there's a huge risk of us getting caught and placed back into Kuvira's custody- who are we kidding? If she finds us again, she's gonna kill us.

I want nothing more than to lay down and sleep for a thousand years at this pont, but it's too dangerous for us to stop now. My feet hurt, Bolin and Varrick stink, my hair is frizzy, and Varrick, though he's not even walking, has been whining the whole time! Poor Bolin is carrying him on his back and he looks like he's about to pass out.

Thank the spirits for my airbending! I'd be a sweaty mess without it.

"You look terrible," Jade says.

"What do you think you look like?" I ask rhetorically, getting annoyed.

"Well, at least we don't look as bad as them," she says to which I laugh at.

I look at the two men in front of me. Their once slicked back hair is now all over their head, they have a million gallons of sweat falling down their face with sweat stains everywhere, and they're so gross and dirty looking. I give in and laugh at Jade's statement because it's true.

"Ok, Varrick. How about you use your own legs for a while and give Bolin a break?" I say as my best friend looks like he's about to collapse.

"You know, when I fled Republic City with Zhu Li, she carried me twenty miles in one day. And that was after she sprained her ankle."

Bolin finally stops in his tracks and throws Varrick off his back. "Well, Zhu Li's not here, okay?" He says getting slightly annoyed.

"That's fine, leave me here, let the worms gobble me up. I deserve it," Varrick says sadly as he continues to lay on the ground.

"You do deserve it," Jade says.

"No way, mister! You're not getting off that easily," Bolin says to Varrick.

"Yeah," I add. "You're responsible for that weapon Kuvira is trying to make. Which, may I remind you, could hurt a lot of people."

"No, don't remind me! I know, I'm a horrible, horrible person!"

He's so annoying! I'm tired, too, but that doesn't matter.

We can't let Kuvira get away with this. The world is in danger! And If Kuvira is able to take Zaofu, no other nation will be safe. She won't stop at the Earth Kingdom either. She'll go after the Air Nation, then the Fire Nation, and then the Water Tribes. You know who that reminds me of? Lord Zuko's father, Ozai! He took out the airbenders, then went after the water tribes, then tried to destroy the Earth Kingdom. He may not have had a spirit machine, but he did have a comet. History is repeating itself, and as long as Kuvira has that weapon, no one is safe.