7

Today Korra and I are finally back in the gym. It was boring being at home while Korra was working with Tarrlok on his task force. Why was I at home when Korra was busy with Tarrlok, you may be wondering? Well I decided to not be on the task force. It was the most nerve wracking decision I've ever made. A lot of people were mad at me, people as in the White Lotus centuries, Korra, and our father, but no one told Korra to tell everyone that I was joining her and Tarrlok! It was hard for me to decide because I wanted to be able to help my sister, but I didn't think a task force would be able to take down Amon. To be honest, I feel like Tarrlok knows that, but this is just something to give him more power. Thank goodness Korra decided to quit... but not before something bad happened.

...

"Korra," I call sleepily for my sister.

Tonight Korra went to meet with Amon inside of Avatar Aang's statue. Of course I am totally against it, but Korra assured me that she'd be fine. She was very set on going, so of course I couldn't stop her. As badly as I wanted to go, Tenzin wouldn't let me because it's "too dangerous," so I stayed home with Pema and the kids.

"Korra? Are you ok?" I ask her.

I join her on the foot of her bed. I can tell something is wrong, I can feel it.

"He showed up, and he wasn't alone, was he?" I ask, my voice shakey.

"Yes," she answers quietly, and not looking at me. "He ambushed me."

"What?" I gasp. "Are- are you ok? Did he..."

"No, but.. I was so scared!" She sobs.

I'm startled as she dives into my arms. I don't turn her away, I can't turn her away, she's my sister. I just hug her. I get it, I too was scared, and I wasn't even there! I can't imagine the fear she must've felt when she came face to face with that monster, she was even brave just for showing up. I would've flaked for sure.

"Listen, I can't tell you what to do, but I don't think being on Tarrlok's task force is the right move. I feel like this is a much bigger issue. You could've gotten hurt tonight, and where was Tarrlok and the rest of them? I just want you to be safe and take Amon down how you want to.. When the time is right. And I promise, next time it'll be Tenzin and me by your side."

...

"It's been great having you at so many back-to-back practices, Korra!" Mako says.

"Feels good to be back, although Tarrlok isn't to happy about my leave of absence."

"Tarrlok can kick rocks, he doesn't own you," I say, and we all laugh.

"Yeah," Bolin agrees. "And you joined the Fire Ferrets before you joined his task force."

"Okay, come on. Team huddle time! You too, Kitty!" Mako says.

We come together and Bolin gives Korra a goofy smile which she returns, then she smiles at me. I give her a silly grin also, and then I give one to Mako who just looks at the three of us weirdly.

He's so awkward, haha.

I love being back here with Korra and the guys. Tarrlok is just going to have to cry about it.

"It's our first match of the tournament tonight," Mako says happily. "I know the three of us haven't been a team for very long, but even so, the Fire Ferrets have never been this good. Are we ready?"

"We're ready!" We all answer happily.

"Not quite, you'll need these."

We all de-huddle and look to see Asami holding up a shirt with the Future Industries logo on it.