Elegance (preview)

I remember the day my brothers were told about how much money they needed to qualify to be in the pro-bending championship. I, once again, felt insanely guilty because I couldn't help them, and Mako felt like it was all on him. I wasn't old enough to work, but that didn't help me feel any less guilty. I wanted nothing more to help my brothers, but I couldn't, and that destroyed me.
...

I sigh to myself, and I look down at my shoes as I anxiously bounce on my tippy toes. A habit I developed when I'm nervous or uncomfortable.

"What's wrong, Hazel Nut."

"Huh? Oh, nothing," I tell Bolin, not looking him in his eyes.

"Come on, I know my little sister."

"Fine, I just feel like a huge burden on you and Mako. I wish I could pay the 30,000 for you guys, and I just feel like I'm useless and dead weight at this point. I wish I wish I were older so I can work."

"Awwe, Li," Korra says and wraps me in her arms.I

"Are you kidding me!" Bolin exclaims. "You're not just my baby sister, but you're also my best friend. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't even try in life, and I wouldn't be a pro-bender. You're the strongest, coolest person I know, and you shouldn't feel guilty about anything."

"Cooler than Mako?" I smile.

"Way cooler," Korra answers.

"And I know 1,000% Mako would agree. We love you," Bolin smiles.

"I love you guys too," and the three of us embrace in a hug.

...

Li Na

Bolin being captured by the equalist was something we never prepared for. Ahhh yes, the equalist. 10 years later, and saying that name still makes my blood boil. They were a group of people who felt that the world would be a better place if bending no longer exist.

This "movement" was lead by a man who I, and my friends and brothers, had come across a few times. Even thinking about him makes me terrified. Amon had the power to take ones bending, a power that even a non bender shuddered at. The day Bolin was captured was the first of many terrifying and drama filled events.

...

"Bolin," I call to my brother in a warning tone.

Bolin and I decided to earn some cash for the championship by going into the city and setting up a little station in front of Fire Lord Zuko's statue for Pabu to do his little act. He would stand on his front 2 paws and do little tricks. He looks so cute in his little hat. So far, Pabu has earned us one gold piece. I feel like a proud mother.

We were having fun until Shady Shin showed up and got into Bolin's head. I know he's trouble, Mako warned both me and Bolin to not trust him, or any of his "pals."

"I'll be fine, just go home.. And- and don't tell Mako."

Bolin got into Shin's car, and Shin hands me a paper dollar (a/n I don't know how to spell the kind of money they use, sorry peeps). "Here, this should keep you quiet."

Wow, a whole dollar. I think sarcastically, but I take it anyway.

I look at him with a frown, and he winks at me before taking off in his Soto-mobile.

"Should I go tell Mako?" I ask Pabu who is now perched on my shoulder. I look at him, and he looks at me, then tilts his head to the side and squeeks.