2;13

Am I dead?

Death kinda hurts. Hey, what's the big idea? I thought death wasn't suppose to be painful, and my head hurts- No, my body hurts. I try to look around to see where I am, but my vision is so blurry. The smell of blood is strong, I feel sick.

Guess I'm not dead.

"Korra," I call for my sister.

I can't move. Why can't I move?

"Kitty, dad ..." I hear Korra say.

I turn to the side and blink rapidly to clear my vision. There she is, my sister. My father, too. I'm resting on his lap. He looks terrible, we all do. There are cuts and bruises littered across our faces. My face stings as the cold air bites at the exposed cuts on my skin. Our clothes are ripped and battered, and our hair falls lazily in our eyes. I feel like I've been beaten with a stick all across my body. Tenzin and Kya are all sprawled out, and they look just as bad as us. I'm just glad they're all here and breathing, except for Bumi. I hope he's ok... Even though there's a good chance he's not, and I really hope Bolin, Asami, and Mako haven't been caught.

"Korra ... I'm so sorry. I failed you," our father says through gritted teeth, clearly in pain.

"Don't give up. Harmonic Convergence isn't here yet. We still have a chance," my sister says hopefully, but I can hear the pain in her voice. "Are you ok, Kitty?"

"My head hurts."

Much to our dismay, Mako, Bolin, and Asami are all thrown into our tent, and they're also tied up. This is not good. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're alive, I just wish they had better luck than us.

"We tried," Mako mutters.

Unalaq and my cousins walk in emotionless with smug expressions. If only I had the strength to get out of these ropes, I'd slap him across the face. I hate him so much. How dare he walk in here like he isn't about to ruin the world. What will he accomplish by unleashing the spirit of chaos back into the world? He's a monster. I'll never understand how he can possibly be related to my father who would never in a million years do something like this!

"Congratulations, everyone. You've all got front row seats for the beginning of a new world order," Unalaq says emotionless.

"Stop! You don't know what you're doing, Unalaq!" I tell him desperately.

"Freeing Vaatu won't make you powerful, it will only make you a traitor to everything good that's happened over the last ten thousand years," my sister explains to him.

"You think what Avatar Wan did was good? Driving almost all the spirits from this world? The Avatar hasn't brought balance, only chaos. You call yourself the bridge between the two worlds, but there shouldn't be a bridge: we should live together as one."

"You're wrong!" I tell him. "You will see what real chaos is if you release Vaatu!"

"Even if Vaatu escapes, I'll put him right back in his prison, just like Wan did," Korra says.

"It's true that when Wan fused with Raava he tipped the scales in her favor, but this time I'll be here to level the playing field. When Harmonic Convergence comes, I will fuse with Vaatu, and together we will become the new Avatar: a Dark Avatar. Your era is over."

Oh my, he's crazy!

"Think about what you're doing. I know that you've always had a deep connection with the spirits, but you're still a man. You're still my brother, you're Eska and Desna's father. Are you willing to throw your humanity away to become a monster?" My father asks him.