4;14

"General Iroh, I wish I could say it's nice to see you, but considering the circumstances.." I try to welcome him.

Korra and I have finally made it down to the state line. I haven't seen Iroh in a long time, but every time I do, it's because something bad is about to happen. I know he can handle Kuvira's troops, but I'm afraid with that giant mecha suit, she has the upper hand. Hopefully we can take that thing out and even the playing field.

One thing that bothers me is, when the heck did she build that thing? I, Jade, Bolin, and Varrick worked for her for three years, and we never heard any plans about creating some super weapon attached to a giant mecha suit! Did Jade and I really waste all that time there? We reported so much to Raiko throughout the years, but compared to this, that was nothing. I just wish I would've known. This whole thing could've been avoided.

"Don't worry, Avatar, Master Kitty, we're going to put a stop to this thing," he assures the two of us.

The silence is so eerie. No one dares to say another word, afraid if we do, we'll miss something. After what feels like forever, I become alert.

"What is it, Kitty?" My sister asks.

"She's coming."

Kuvira is carrying a lot of spiritual energy. I felt it when we saved Zhu Li from the town, and I feel it now. It's almost overwhelming. It feels like a ton is weighing down on you. Like two world's are colliding, literally. I get it now. This is why the spirits started abandoning the city. Because Kuvira was messing with the vines, and I felt all of it because Raina felt it, too! Both of our world's, the spirit and the physical worlds are in trouble.

The three of us continue to stand together in silence, distant clashes sound ever so slightly. As each second passes, it become louder and louder. The ground shakes beneath our feet. It's like the calm before the storm.

"Over there," I direct to my sister and General Iroh.

There it is. The colossal mecha slowly emerges from behind the mountains. It comes to a stop just in front of the barbed-wire fencing. The giant towers over Iroh's men, and a bunch of Kuvira's airships float behind it. Iroh and his troops all share the same shocked expressions.

"Kuvira, this is President Raiko," I hear the president say through the radio. "I order you to stand down. Turn your army around and leave."

"You're in no position to give orders," Kuvira replies.

"Stand down, or we will attack!"

"I don't think you understand the power I possess," she rebuttals. "Let me make it clear."

We watch as the arm of the mecha raises, moments later the cannon fires.

"Get down!" I scream.

The beam of energy sails over us, and towards the city. I crouch to the ground and cover my head. This is insane! There are troops out there, they could all be dead now!

The three of us gaze fearfully at the mecha, which proceeds to turn its cannon downward and point directly towards us and the army assembled on the field. The troops naturally take a few steps back. Kuvira fired this thing at us before, and it's still insanely terrifying.

"Mister President, do I have your order to engage?"
Iroh asks.

"You have three seconds before I wipe out your army," Kuvira threatens.

Remember when I said I wasn't that scared anymore? Is it too late to retract that statement? Because I might just pee my pants right now. I'm ready to fight for my city, always, but just thinking about being destroyed by that thing is terrifying.