Epilogue; Last Part

Hope your tissues are ready!

...

45 years later

Where has the time gone? It feels like just yesterday Korra and I ran off to Republic City, despite Tenzin telling us not to. He was so annoyed, and Lin hated us because of course Korra made a mess not even a day into being in the city. And now, here we are, years later, attending my sister's funeral.

I guess you could say we're old now. Both Jade and I retired from Lin's police force years ago, despite living a good portion of our life in Zaofu, we continued our work with Team Avatar since then. Our children are all grown up, and now our children have children. Even Jinora and Ikki have families of their own! The Air Nation has grown so much in the last 45 years- I mean, Bolin and Opal popped out 10 of their little rugrats, and half of them are airbenders! I know Avatar Aang would be proud... Tenzin is old as dirt. I've just come to the conclusion that he's immortal. He's outlived my parents, Lin, Korra, and so many others.

My sister was older, yes, but sadly, her life was still cut short. She's taken on a lot of villains, but the one who took her life was different. She sacrificed herself to take them down. She was a phenomenal Avatar, and I know she did what was expected of her... but still, as selfish as this may sound, I just wish she didn't. My parents are gone, my sister is gone, the Team Avatar before us and many of my friends are gone. I know this is part of life, but that doesn't mean I'm not sad, because truly, I'm heartbroken.

"Here gran, let me help you to your seat," my oldest grandson says while latching his arm into mine.

"Thank you, Jin," I say with a smile. "But you've gotta stop treating me like I'm an old woman."

"But you are."

"In age, not at heart."

Jade and I have four children together, 2 girls and 2 boys, and nine grandchildren. I carried two and Jade carried two. I was going to carry them all, but my last pregnancy with our second child was not fun, I'll tell you that. We raised them in Republic City and eventually relocated to Zaofu. Our first born is an airbender, our 2nd born is a waterbender, our third child is a metalbender, while our last born is a lavabender. It only made sense since Zaofu is also the safest city in the world, and it's Jade's home. We've also taken many trips to the Poles and the Air Temples throughout their life. It was important to both Jade and I that our children grew up knowing their history and their culture. It's funny really, if we would've had a firebender, Jade and I would've birthed all 4 nations. I know it waa more likely impossible, but it's fun to think about. Though explaining to a firebending child the One Hundred Year war that happened many years ago would've been interesting.

Korra and Asami didn't want children. Can you imagine, my sister with kids?! That would've been a sight to see. She could barely even change my kids diapers. Asami, I feel, would've been much better, but she loves being a business woman, and she and Korra were fabulous aunties... Well, except that time Korra was airbending my son up in the air when he was a baby, but yeah, you get it. After a full life of raising my children, traveling, and working with the Avatar, I guess you can say I don't like to act my age, and neither does Jade. What's the fun in acting like an old lady? Don't let these wrinkles and gray hair fool you, I still go into battle, I still airbend, and I still waterbend. I like to have fun, and it's been a fun time. I even became an airbending master!

"Kitty, I'm so glad you're here," Asami tells me as I take my seat.

"Hello, Asami. You look beautiful, how are you holding up?" I ask her while giving her a warm hug.

"I... It's been hard. I miss her. I'm just happy that you and Jade are here with me so we can get through this together."

"Of course. You're family, and you made my sister happy."