4;17

It feels like I've been walking around this metal monster for hours. How hard is it to find a metalbender in a huge thing of metal?! Of course I know Kuvira is harder to get to since she is the leader of this whole operation, but she's battling my sister. I should have found them by now!

As I continue my journey, I stop as the mecha suit begins to sway heavily. I lean on the wall trying to to keep my ballance. The lights begin to flicker on and off. That can't be good. I need to get out of here! I don't think this place is safe. I just hope Mako and Bolin are ok.

I rush to find an exit. There's a few things that could be happening right now. Mako and Bolin took out that giant spirit vine that's powering this thing, Korra and Kuvira are fighting, Lin and Suyin are destroying the cannon, or.. All of it is happening at the same time and it's the end of the world out there!

The last jolt sends me flying, and I fall harshly to the floor. It sounds like the 'One Hundred Year War' out there! I use my airbending to help protect me from the chaos that's happening. Have I mentioned how much I love airbending?

An opening appears, I can finally leave this thing. I know I need to find Korra, but this is scary. I don't want to see what's out there. I know the city is going to be a mess.. if there's even a city left. I'm afraid to see if my sister is ok or not. I should be out there helping her kick Kuvira's butt right now regardless if she's fine or not, but I get scared sometimes. I don't understand how Korra does it.

Ok, Kitty. Go!

I run outside, but I stop in my tracks. Look at this place.. I cover my mouth trying not to sob, but it doesn't work. The mecha suit has fallen, but my city, my home, it's a mess. I can barely recognize the place!

I pick up a battered street sign that my foot grazes across. I know this place. This is the street Korra and I walked down when we got lost that first day in the city. This is where Korra beat up those Triple Threats because they were harassing the record shop owner, and where she made her presence known to city. This is the same street where she was arrested by Lin's metalbenders for wrecking the place. This is where everything happened on my 16 th birthday, and realizing it just makes me even more sad.

"It's over," I hear someone say.

"Korra?" I think that was my sister- no, that was my sister.

"You're gonna call off your army and surrender to President Raiko."

I follow the sound of her voice. I try to be as quiet as possible, but the light crunch of glass and rubble sound underneath my feet. Moments later I spot Kuvira who lies on the ground, I quickly duck behind the mecha. My eyes look over to my sister who thankfully looks fine.

"Then you and —"

"Korra, watch out!" I scream.

She glances over at me and quickly back to Kuvira, but she's too late. Catching my sister off guard, Kuvira bends a chunk of rock at her, catching her in the face and sending her flying across the pile of debris.

"Korra!" I scream again.

I throw a rush of wind at Kuvira, and it sends her flying. She painfully rolls onto the ground, but still manages to get to her feet and runs to who knows where.

"Are you ok?!" I ask my sister.

"I'm- I'm fine, but Kitty, what are you doing here?" She asks.

"I'm helping you kick Kuvira's butt, that's what!"

"I told you to stay with Mako and Bolin!"

"No, you told me to- why are we arguing right now? We need to find Kuvira!"