Loki - Bad day

You were having the worst day of the year so far. Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but still. It wasn't the best day of the year either. 

You had worked with the Avengers for years now, you were Tony's assistant and you always did their paperwork. But, now, you were on the edge of finally becoming a spy and Fury had decided to cancel your mission and you were beyond pissed. 

And the fact that everyone was in their happy Christmas mood didn't help either. You needed something to cheer you up. 

The silly elevator music only added up to your annoyance. You stared back at you miserable self in the polished doors of the elevator. 

In the kitchen, Loki was observing everything Natasha was doing. She had just finished baking cookies and she was now placing them on a large tray. 

'Can I have one?' he asked. She shook her head with a smile. 

'No, you'll have to wait until the party, Loki.' 

'Are you sure? You don't want to know how they taste? If I were to taste them for you, I could tell you how you can improv-' 

'I said no,' she cut him off. He glared at the cookies, as if figuring out how to solve the problem in front of him. 

The doors of the elevator slid open and you quietly walked through them, a frown plastered on your forehead. Loki turned his head to look at you with a grin, but it faltered. 

'Lady Y/N, what's wrong?' You sighed, throwing your bag on the floor as you went to sit beside him on a chair. His hand instantly went to rub your back. 

'Fury cancelled my mission,' you said softly. Loki gasped, letting his gaze fall upon Natasha, who was looking at you with a sad expression. She reached for your hand. 

'Oh, you'll get a new one. Don't worry. Maybe it's just because the holidays are coming up,' she soothed, rubbing your palm. You smiled at her. Loki cleared his throat. 

'You know, a cookie would make you feel better. Then you can talk about it. You'll feel better with something in your stomach, don't you think, Natasha?' Natasha glared at him, but as you looked up with puppy eyes, she sighed and handed you one. 

'Thank you,' you mutterd with a smile. 

'What about me?' Loki inquired, giving Natasha an irritated look. She huffed. 

'You're not feeling sad,' she said. You raised an eyebrow as you opened your mouth to take a bite from your cookie, but Loki grabbed your wrist and took the cookie from you, taking a bite from it. 

Natasha's eyes threw daggers at him, but Loki shrugged. 

'She gave it to me, right, Y/N?' His hand reached up to the tray and he grabbed another one. 'But she can have one, right, Nat? She's sad...' He handed you a cookie. You smiled at him, but all Natasha could do was cross her arms over her chest. 

'I should've know this,' she murmered. You giggled as you took a bite from it. Loki held up his hand to you and you high-fived him. 

Natasha rolled her eyes and walked away. 

'So...' Loki said with his mouth stuffed with cookie. 'You still want to talk about it?' You shook your head, swallowing. 

'Nah, I'm good. You were right. Cookies work wonders.' He laughed and looked around, probably to see if Natasha was around. His hand reached for the tray and he hauled it to you. 

'Feel free to pick as many as you want,' he said while chewing, taking a few himself and stuffing them in his pockets. 

'Are you sure Natasha is okay with it?' you asked hesitantly. He nodded. 

'Sure, sure. I wouldn't do anything without someone's permission, now, would I?' he asked rhetorically. You rolled your eyes, grinning from ear to ear. 

Half an hour before the party, Natasha came down to the kitchen again, and you guys were sitting in your chairs, shoulders slumped back and tummies popping out. No cookies left.

'Okay, who ate the whole tray?' Loki and you exchanged a few glances before pointing at each other. You cleared your throat. 

'I was sad,' you defended yourself. Loki frowed and stuck his tongue out and you did just the same. He looked at Natasha then, with an innocent smile. 

'She gave them to me.' With that, Loki grabbed your wrist and dragged you away from the kitchen table and from a yelling Natasha. You giggled. 

Loki stopped once you were on the eleventh floor, both panting and grabbing ahold of your stomachs. 

'God, I ate too much,' you whined. Loki chuckled. 

'Me too. But we are not going to tell her. I don't want her to tell us "I said so!",' he said while smiling. 'Come here. I want to hug you.' You raised an eyebrow. 

'Really? The God of Mischief wants to hug me?' He laughed, tugging a strand of his hair behind his ear. He nodded fiercely. 

'Yes, Y/N. I do. I want to hug you.' You spread your arms wide and he practically jumped into them, causing you to bounce back a little.