Decorating rooms

Christmas was now getting really close. And you were so excited for it, as were all the Avengers, especially Thor. He was baking cookies every minute of the day, and then ate them all by himself. 

It was almost noon, and you were done decorating everyone's room, except Loki's one, because he was still alseep. But now it was ten to twelve and you were getting annoyed that his lazy ass wasn't awake yet. He had promised you to help decorating. 

You knocked on his door twice, holding the cardboard box with the remaining decorations in it. 

He didn't open. You glared at the door before turning the doorknob and entering. 

The room was pitch black, so you lit a candle and placed it in the middle of the room. The sound of his steady breathing reached your ears as you strolled to his bed, battering with a Christmas garland in the box. He was laying on his stomach, his face tucked away in his pillow. 

You placed it on his headboard, being extremely careful not to wake him up. 

Next up were the Christmas lights, different colours, which were yellow, green, red and blue. You draped them around his head. And the cherry on the cake was the Christmas hat you put on top of his head, before switching on the lights. 

You giggled, expecting him to wake up, but he didn't. 

'Loki? Wake up, sweetie,' you whispered while laying beside him, placing your arm over his back. 'Loki?' 

You poked the side of his face, and the corners of his mouth twitched. You knew he was awake then, although his eyes remained closed and he pretended to sleep. You poked his face some more, he would grow annoyed soon enough, until...

he didn't. 

You got up. 

'Okay, do you wan't to play it that way? Good,' you muttered, while walking to the other side of the bed. You were becoming slightly irritated. 

Your hands fisted in the sheets and pulled them off him. 

'Woosh!' you added for dramatic effect. A low growl could be heard from under a pillow. 

He remained stubborn anyway. He didn't got up, nor did he move. 

'Come on Loki. I feel like a mother trying to wake up her toddler,' you whined. He chuckled and finally lifted his head. 

'Come here,' he said, gesturing to the spot beside him. 

'No, Tony needs us to decorate his lab,' you protested. 

'Do I have to repeat myself?' he said with a stern voice, glaring at you. Although you knew he was only joking, it made you feel slightly intimidated. You knitted your brows together. 

'You have to get up,' you spluttered. He patted the spot next to him. You sighed, rolled your eyes and lauched yourself next to him. Loki laughed and adjusted his Christmas hat before grabbing the blanket and sprawling it over the both of you. 

'Woosh,' he whispered as he wrapped an arm around your waist and pinned you beneath his body. You smiled and put your hands on his shoulders. 

'What now?' you wondered aloud, gazing in those beautiful eyes of his. 

'Now, we go back to sleep.' With that he switched off the colourful Christmas lights and the room went dark again, apart from the lonely candle in the middle of the room. You gulped. 

'I'm not sure how I feel about being alone in a dark room with the God of Mischief,' you murmered. He laughed. 'I think I'm terrified,' you mocked. 

'Ehehe, as you should.' You rolled your eyes.

'Aren't you scared?' 

'Why would I be scared?' he asked. 

'Because I'm scary too,' you whined. He laughed, his hand carressing your cheek in the dark, and he accidently poked your eye. It caused your eye to twitch, but you decided to ignore it. He meant well. 

'That's the best joke I've ever heard,' he with a chuckle.

'It wasn't a joke. Me and Thor always eat the cookies before anyone else can.' You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer. 

'Okay, that's pretty...  monstrous. Maybe I am starting to feel a little scared,' he taunted.

'Might want to get out of bed before Thor does it again,' you muttered. He switched on the colourful lights then, his eyes big and his mouth slightly agape. 

'You two baked cookies again?' he questioned. You nodded, a smug grin on your face. He let go of you and sat back on his knees, the Christmas head fell over his eyes. Smiling, you sat upright and lifted it, his eyes meeting yours. 

The corners of his mouth curled and he took you hand tenderly, taking you to his destiny. The cookies.