Loki - I can't sleep

Dorkie_Dorka18 Hey! Thank you for requesting sweetie! I hope this is what you had in mind. I tried my best.

Enjoy reading!

Xx

You had stopped watching the clock for a long time. The hours passed by as you lay on the couch. The book you were reading was discared a long time ago and was now laying on the floor.

Your lids  fell closed, but your mind was racing. There was a slight wrinckle in your forehead as you frowned. Your chest rose and fell at a slow pace as you concentrated on your breathing. You had tried everything that night to fall asleep.

There was a soft knocking coming closer. Your sleep-deprived state of mind decided it were boots. You got up, resting your chin in your palm. You sighed as you saw a silhouette approaching you, just when the sun rose. You yawned, placing a hand over your mouth.

"Are you alrady up?" a silky voice purred with a smirk, placing the groceries on the kitchen table. He leaned against the counter, drinking you in.

"I haven't gone to sleep yet," you muttered, letting your head fall back in your neck. His eyes went wide and he stalked to your side, kneeling beside the couch at your feet. You looked at him with enormous bags under your eyes.

"What's bothering you?" he asked. You shrugged, a sigh escaping you.

"Honestly? I don't really know. I'm just tired, my head hurts and I have had the worst day of my life," you whimpered, memories flashing back of director Fury yelling at you.

"Do you-," Loki cleared his throat. "Do you want to talk about it?" he offered. You shook your head. "That's okay." He patted your head in an awkward gesture and you closed your eyes. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

"I cannot sleep," you explained, neglecting his outstretched hand.

"Then I'll stay with you until you can," he whispered, stroking your cheek. You looked at him, licking your lips, giving him a nod. You took his hand and he pulled you off the couch with care.

You both walked into your room and he closed the door behind you as you walked over to the bed, falling on the mattress with your face in the pillows. You felt the bed dip beside you and covers being pulled over you when a pair of arms wrapped around you, pressing you against a lean chest.

Minutes passed and you grew tired, but yet you couldn't fall asleep.

A sob escaped your lips and Loki tensed behind you. His grip around you tightened and you could feel his breath upon your neck.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he whispered, brushing a strand of hair behind your ear so he could see your face.

"Nothing," you sniffled. "I'm just having a breakdown. Sorry." His rubbed up and down your arms. You were trembling and your heart sped up.

"Shh. You're doing great. Focus on something else," he soothed while stroking your cheek. You stopped sobbing and wiped the tears away with the back of your hand.

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine. Don't apologize." He craddled you, until your body stopped shaking.

He combed his fingers through your hair and you felt him smiling against you shoulder.

"Did you hear that?" he asked, an attempt to cheer you up. You glanced at him over your shoulder.

"What?" He smiled.

"Did you hear that bird?" The corners of your mouth twitched upward. "Omp omp." You chuckled.

"Omp omp," you whispered back, your eyes falling closed. The last thing you saw was Loki looking at you with a fondness glimmering in his eyes. He stayed with you when you were asleep and was there for you when you woke up.