Zombies? - Tom Hiddleston

You were staring out of your window. The lights on the streets flickered and threw a shadow upon your face. You were falling asleep and blinked a few times, but it was useless.
After a long time you decided it was time to give into that and so you drifted off into a dreamless sleep. Well, maybe you did dreamt, but you couldn't recall anything when you woke up.

You woke up because of someone screaming their head of, quite literally. A few zombies were attacking a women and her child. You cursed and ran downstairs immediately. What was this? You thought to yourself. Your dad was yelling something to your mother and told you you couldn't go outside.

'What is this?' you asked concerned.

'Haven't you heard?' your dad unbelievably questioned you. You shook your head. 'It's all over the news! You always walk around with that stupid phone of yours, but it's too much to ask to check the news? There are zombies walking around the city!' Your moth fell agape and you laughed without any emotion.

'Is this some sort of joke?' Your father shook his head.

'No, no, it's not.' He looked over at your mother. 'Sweetheart, we need to escape town.' What? 'No, I'm sorry, you need to escape town.'

'D-Dad? M-Mom? What's going on? Why? Are you not coming with me?' They both looked at each other and then shook their heads. 'No, we need to help some of the citizens packing and flee. You have to understand that we have to stick together.'

'Then why are you sending me out there all alone?' Your dad pulled you into a hug.

'Because we know that you can do it. People are all sending their children away to explore safe areas. You have your phone with you, right?' Call me where you are by dusk.' He nodded slightly, only for you to follow his action.

You, your mother and father gathered the most necessary thing for you, such as a tent, a knife and a towel and a little soap. You assumed you could just take a bath in a river?

But as the tile grew by, and reached dusk and you tried calling your dad, no one picked up. You also didn't see any zombies, but you did held the knife tightly in your hand. You were very worried about your family, most because you tried calling them twenty times, but you eventually gave up.

***

Two years later you were still on your own and the zombies sauntered the landscape. The buildings were abandoned and looked haunted. You were sitting in a meadow in an old car without any fuel. You were eating a carrot and stared blankly before you. You were sitting comfortable in your car until you heard a loud, deep masculine scream. The carrot flew out of your hand and hit the ground. You opened the car door and grabbed your weapon before heading of to the screams. It were the first human sounds you had heard in about two years and you were desperate to know what it was, and according to the remaining screams, you assumed he was in trouble.

You were to busy to even close the car door while you rushed your way through the long grass, killing a couple of zombies on the way. When you were close enough, you saw a man on the ground, kicking in space in a desperate attempt to get the zombies away, but he only drew them closer to him by screaming so damn loud. You rolled your eyes and pulled out your sword. The word swung and hit a few zombies at the same time, blood spilling all over the long grass. You ran towards the man and killed some more zombies on your way. The man looked at you and had a terrified expression on his face. You reached out for his hand and lifted him from the ground. The zombies were approaching, but were still a few feet away from the both of you.

'We have to run, boy,' you shrieked as you pulled him along with you. The zombies chased you in a slow pace so you lost them soon enough. You never thought these are going to be your first words to spoke to a human being. You both ran until you were out of breath and near a shed. 'Come on!' You dragged him along with you and closed the door behind you. 'Well, that was a close one, boy,' you gasped as you let yourself slid on the floor. He just stood there, like he'd seen a zombie... well, actually he had... 'Hello,' you spoke as if you were having a tea party. 'I'm Y/N.' He took a step forward so that he was standing in the bits of lights coming through the wood boards. Your mouth fell agape as soon as you recognized him.