𝟑𝟕. 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐦

"Pass the mash." Emerson called out across the dinner table.
I picked up the mash potatoes and passed them to Ayla, who passed them to Ivy, Lili, then to Emerson.

Blaise finished his food like a pig, then rested his head in the palms on his hands that rested above the table, "How was everyone day?"

A couple of good and excellent shot thrown around as people ate.

"I got burnt to a crisp." I muttered, stabbing a corrupt onto my fork.

"I told you to put on sun screen!" Mum claimed in victory.

I put my head down to my plate.

I felt a pair of eyes burning into my skin,"You don't look burnt." Luci commented from across the long table.

My head came up and i smiled, "Glamour charm."

"Right." She nodded.

The chefs had really outdone themselves. Chefs being Ginny, Luna, Pansy, Mum, and Blaise. Blaise always liked cooking apparently - although you couldn't tell. His food was... edible.

Would i eat it for all meals?

No. No i wouldn't. I would eat it on a stranded island happily though!

The table was layered with varied foods. Salads, steaks, soups, pasta, casserole, breads, fruits, turkey. Dessert hasn't even been served yet.

Dinner was pretty silent as we devoured the delicious food in front. Crunching and forms scrapping on plates filled the warm soundless air.

"Don't eat to much," Theo licked his fingers making an echo,
"Luna my love made an apple pie." He said proudly.

Lunas head lifted from looking at her plate,
"Oh yes! It's in the kitchen. I'll go grab it." The chair pulled out, and she made her way to the kitchen gracefully.

I heard Noah groan from the other end of the table. He was leant back in his chair holding his stomach,
"I'm too full..." He complained.

Bliss sat up and smacked his knife and fork on the table like a child waiting for dinner, "More dessert for me!" He smiled as Luna walked back through.

"Shit i'm full." Asher slumped down on one of the couches that laid in the basement.
The 8 of us (6th years and 4th years), sat in the candle lit basement of the Potter residents.
It wasn't run down, it was still pristine, but you could tell it hadn't been used in a while. Up stairs was modern, the basement still has the secrets of old house of Parkinson that they diminished to use the land.

Dinner was filling, not to mention apple pie as dessert. The kids were watching a movie, the adults drinking their sorrows away.

"What's this place used for anyway?" Ivy asked, running her fingers along old, dusty books that sat on the mahogany bookshelf.

Lili sat down beside Asher on the couch and pulled a throw rug over the top of them, "Dad use to work here on Auror stuff whilst doing renovations. Still got all the old books and potions laying around."

I followed the pairs lead and sat down on one of 4 love seats that occupied the space. Emerson joined me and wrapped an arm around me, conjuring a fluffy blanket to lay over us.

"See, training books, old ink stains," James ran his finger a lot the ink stain that has seeped into the old desk in the corner.
"Old quills, and potions..." James stopped in front of the cupboard that occupied old potions.

"Ooo..." Ayla ran over to the potions storage and looked through.

She picked up the potions and read through them,
"There's only simple po-"
She paused holding a small bottle green vile.
"Why does your dad have a veritaserum?"She asked, bringing the bottle closer to her eyes.