𝟓𝟐. 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞; 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞

2 years later- 1 year after graduation

20th of December 2019

"Scarlet! Get your boots and let's go!" James called out from the other side of our apartment.

He's dragging me out of the house for a walk in the middle of winter. I swear sometimes he doesn't have a brain.

"Calm your farm! I'm here!" I skidded around the corner to the front door. I picked up the boots then sat on the floor to put them on.

He waited patiently as i tied them up then stood up.
"You ready?" He asked leaning for the door handle.

I turned around and tugged a black wind proof jacket off of the coat hanger then spun back around.
"Yeah, let's go."

He opened the door for me and let me through. As we walked down the hall and to the elevator. We both stepped in silently.

"How about we go to hogsmeade?" He asked as the lift fell to the ground floor. I turned to him and furrowed my eyebrows.

I paused looking at the overly happy boy, "We haven't been there since 7th year..."

"Perfect. We can go for a walk around and get some lollies." He grabbed waist and pulled my flush against the side of him. Without a second for me to argue, he aparated the pair of us to the familiar setting covered in snow.

"Could have warned me." I groaned clutching my stomach. His face dropped as he helped me up from leaning over and kissed my cheek.

"Sorry. Just excited." He muttered holding onto my gloved up hands.

People rushed around us doing last minute christmas shopping. Kids from the village, and some who had escaped their family for dinner at the restaurants played in the streets throwing snowballs and playing chasey.

"Their so cute aren't they." I commented tugging on James' arm to draw his attention to them. He smiled at the little ones then down at me.

I looked up ahead to Tweedies Twat, "Kinda reminds me of our first date."

"Oh really?" I nodded to his question. "What a coincidence." He said sarcastically. I couldn't tell you why he said it sarcastically, but he did.

As walked down the lane in silence, happy in each others presence. We peaked inside some shops and restaurants either goggling at how nice the items inside were, or drooling at the smell of spaghetti.

"Do you like living in London?" James asked as we passed a house. You could see more kids running around through the windows.

I thought of our apartment. It might be small, but it's the right size for now. It's only a 1 bed 2 bath but that's okay. It's close to the ministry so i can pop into work with mum and expand SPEW with her. James floos to the ministry as well, the goes off to work with Harry and the aurors.
It might be small, but it's still home.

"Yeah. It's pretty nice." I said honestly.

James turned to me slightly, "How about we move out in 2 and a bit years?"

I looked up to him as he swung my hand that was interlocked with his like a child. "Is this you way of saying you want kids soon?" I laughed.

"Well," he drew out, "We both want them. 2 to be precise. Luca and Ayla also want to start around the same time, and i know you and Ayla will be wanting to pull our mums tricks with falling pregnant at the same time so-"

"James!" I pulled him out of his loop, "I'd love to have a family with you." I leant up and kissed his cheek.

"But i probably want to marry you before that." I laughed as i pulled away. All he did was raise his eyebrows challengingly then go back to facing the street in front of us.