𝟒𝟎. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

🚨This chapter may endure a trigger.🚨
Also i just realised that i've mixed up breath and breath a lot :)
Sorry i'm advance for the next 2 chapters x

It's safe to say that last night i didn't sleep.
I really tried. I did. My mind just couldn't turn off from what just happen.
As much as i'd like to happy that i just kissed my life long crush, something just didn't sit right.

It was a feeling, in the back of my throat that took away all of my air. Made it hard to breathe.

I couldn't tell you why. The devil could be at my throat and i'd shrug as my answer.

I should be over the moon. What's stopping me?

Is there there a fucking dementor in here somewhere?

I didn't have an emotion.

I was numb. But why?

I was the first one awake... or the only one awake all night.
Ayla woke up next, with Luca close behind.

I'm not sure whether James was awake or not. I didn't want to check. He was laying on his back, hands by his side, in a uncomfortable looking manner.

I laid on my side, facing him. Taking in all the small and insignificant details that spotted all of him.
The way his chest rises and falls.
His twitches.
Face scrunched.

Ayla and Luca were still laying in each others arms, whispering sweet nothing to each other.
A giggle might erupt from Ayla every now and then if he said something funny.

Both oblivious of my awaken. Both in their own fantasy.

As i kept inspecting the boy laying soundless in front of me, his eyes fluttered open. He blinked at the ceiling slowly then looked over to me.

A smiled played on his lips as he tossed to his side,"Morning."

My chest became heavy. My breathing became manual.
I could only give a tight smile.

What was happening?

My throat closed up, only just enough space to force a breath in and out.

James reached out an arm and place it in my upper arm,
"Are you alright?"

My body jerked as he touched me. His arm retreated back to his body and he scanned my face for distress.
Oh, he'd be able to find a lot.

"I- I'm gonna got to the b-bathroom." I stuttered and i crawled off of the bed into his ensuite.

As soon as the door shut and locked, i walked up to the mirror and stared at myself.

What was happening?

I washed my face with water, then took a deep breath.

How ever my body was attacking me, i needed to put up with it. Control myself.

I opened the door again, and stalked back to the bed.
All 3 of them stopped talked and stared at me as i approached the bed.

"Are you okay Scar?" Ayla asked as i sat on the end of the bed.

I nodded silently then looked down to fiddle with my fingers.

"Okay..." Luca picked up on my anxiousness, "How about we make then bed, then go down and get some breakfast?"

James and Ayla agreed on my behalf. We all stood around the bed, fluffing pillows, moving blankets into place, and tucking some in.

"Scarlet," Ayla picked up a pillow that was underneath the blanket, "why do you sleep with two pillows?"