𝟐𝟖. 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫

Scarlets POV

Ayla, Luca and I were all sat on my bed in Ayla and I's dorm watching Greece, because, what else do you do on Thursday nights?

"But now, there's no where to hide! Since you pushed my love aside. I'm out my head! Hopelessly devoted to you, hopelessly devote-"

The door sung open.

James?

He slammed the it behind him making Ayla and I jump.

jame s just stood there, leaning against the oak staring into space.

"Mate, you alright?" Luca asked wearily as he stopped trying to braid my hair.

James raised his eyes brows up in a sarcastic manner, then walked to the bathroom without a word.

The tap went for a couple of seconds, water falling down the drain, then it was turned off abruptly.

Ayala clicked her computer mouse and the movie paused, "What's the matter with hi-"

He walked out with the bottom half of his shirt in his hands wiping away the water on his face.

He dropped the shirt as it returned slick back to his body, then rolled his tongue on the inside of his cheek,
"She cheated on me." He nodded with words trying to process the situation.

"Greeny?" Luca confirmed.

James nodded, then sat down on the edge of Ayla's bed away from us.

I immediately got up and pounced on him with open arms.

"I'm fine Scarlet." He muttered, making sure his arms didn't touch me.

I refused to let go. I clung onto him like a koala bear to a tree.

He tried to pull me off, but that only my grip stronger.

He finally gave in, and hugged back.

Ayla and Luca sat on the other bed frazzled.

"Are you serious mate? With who?" Luca asked again.
Ayla still hadn't hushed a word.

His lips smacked together next to my ear, "Miles Higgs. 8th year."

"Fuck. I'm so sorry." Luca apologised. He got up, and walked over to my draws.
He pulled out a bottle of Pure Moly Whiskey.

In this time period, Ayla - still confused on what had just happen- came over to join me in hugging James.

Luca walked back over with 4 glasses in his hands,
"Drink it off?"

James chuckled lowly, then grabbed a glass.
Ayla and I disattached ourself from the broken man, and grabbed a drink as well.

"You know what the worse part was?" He took a sip from his drink slowly,
"I thought I loved her." James' tongue went along his teeth as he laughed quietly at his- what he thinks- stupid mistake.

"I was gonna tell her that i loved her tomorrow night. I thought she was the one."

"Greengrasses can never be 'the one'." Ayla jeered.