𝟒𝟓. 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

4 long and boring ass days rolled by leaving it to be Thursday. Quidditch game day!

I still hadn't talked to James. The only small words he would speak were,

"Can you please pass the mash?"

"What page is it?"

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

"How are you?"

"Good thanks."

That was quite literally it. Small talk. I wasn't the only one getting the cold shoulder. Everyone was. No one could have conversation. He just gave them small, short, simple answers.

I had made it through 3/4 classes of the day. Muggle Studies last with Professor Diear. Only 10 more minutes. Thank fuck. It's been all book work.

Writing down the question, then answering it. Copy paste from the text book. Merlin it's boring.

We're learning about transport. I know all of this already. Perks of being half Granger. This is just revision for me. James has his head down copying down notes. Ayla is stretching her gum with her finger, leaning back on the chair not writing notes. She's possibly the dumbest out of us all, and she isn't trying. This is why i'm her person tutor. Luca is mildly writing. It's just a matter of whether Ayla tries to talk to him or not. Even though i know all of this, i'm still writing down notes. May as well.

"Alright. You can all pack up." Diear sat back down in his chair and scooted towards the desk, "5 minutes left."

Every started to put their books, quills, and ink pots into their book bags and found their group of friends.

"How didn't you get busted for gum?" I ask Ayla once i stood with Luca, her and James at the door.

A faint smirk grew on her lips, "I have my ways."

Lucas face turned distressed and he looking at Ayla in shock,
"You would sleep with a teacher, would you?"

Ayla winked and bit her lip.

"Holy shit Ayla!" I laughed.

Ayla laughed and shook her head, "I'm kidding. Merlin! You should have seen you faces!" She stretched her gum again, the snapped it in her mouth.
"I have blackmail. That's how i get away with shit."

"What black mail?" James asked quietly. First time he's spoken in a while.

Luca patted his back, "Welcome back mate!"

James rolled his eyes then looked at Ayla to answer,
"Saw him and Professor Amabilior having a crack in her class."

Luca huffed in amusement as the bell went.

"You coming back to the dungeons?" I asked James.

He wasn't expecting me to talk to him. His face gave it all away. "N-no. Practice." He hitched his book back higher on his shoulder.

"Alright. See you at the game. I'll be rooting for Huffles!" Luca joked as James turned around with a small smile on his face.

Luca walked up beside me as we walked in the opposite direction to James, "Guessing you haven't talked to him yet?"

I shook her head, "Nah. I've tried. I really have! He just makes excuses to get away. I'd hardly count it as a conversation."

"Talk to him after the match." Ayla matched our steps.

"I'll try."

"At least by the end of this week! I can't deal with moppy James for another couple days." She reasoned as we turned a corner with a couple of Slytherins in front of us.