Turning It Off

Damon
I'm talking to Caroline, and Elena about what happened with Riley while she's in the shower trying to calm down. "So, she just had a complete melt down" "Yeah, you two are girls, talk to her" "Your her boyfriend" "It's different, I'm not a girl, girls have better connections with girls... Besides both of you have been in this situation before" "Yeah, that is true" "Exactly, so when she's out... She's out" I said as I hear her cries already. "Damon, what if she turns it off" "Then I'm turning it off with her" "What?!" "I promised her I wouldn't ever leave her, and I'm keeping that promise; however, I'm trying everything I can to keep that from happening" "A-" Caroline started, but got interrupted by loud bangs upstairs. "What's that?" "Hold on" I said, running upstairs.

When I get up there, a whole bunch of things are broken on the floor, and she's lying there in her towel, crying. "Oh my God" Caroline said. She hid her face and cried more. "Get. Out" I said to them. "Riley?" "I can't take it anymore" "Hey, your focusing on this way to much, you need to push it out of your head" "I can't, Damon, I want to, but I can't" "Look, I know that your hurting, but this, look at this" "Oh my gosh, did I do this?" "Yeah, baby, you did" She burst into tears again. "Help me, Damon! I can't do this anymore!" "Hey, look at me" I said and she did. I'm about to make the worst decision ever. But, it'll help her, and that's what she needs. "Turn it off" I sighed. "What?" "Your humanity, you won't feel this anymore" "No, no!" "If you do it, I'll do it with you" "I thought you already had yours off" "Mm haha" She chuckled. "Just turn it off, and I'll turn it off, too so you won't be alone" "Damon, I'm scared!" "I'll be right there with you" "Promise?" "I promise" "Just do it" She nodded and closed her eyes. Blinking a few times, when she opened them, the pain was gone.  "Better?" "Yeah" Next, I'm keeping my promise, and turning mine off too. "Did you do it too?" "Yep" She smiled, this huge smile and jumped at me. "Damon?!" Stefan yells, opening the door. "Hello, brother" "You didn't" "I did" "He did" She chuckled. "Really, Damon? That's not what she needed!" "Go get dressed, babe" "Stef, buddy, get out" "Or what?" I pushed him out and slammed the door, locking it.