She Turned It Off

Riley
I can not believe Elena just came here at 1:30a.m. and threatened to kill me! It's not like she's gonna actually kill me, it'll kill her brother and she wouldn't want that. But, you never know with Elena anymore I guess. She must've turned it off, we gotta talk to Stefan and Damon. Not like she liked me anyway.

"You do realize she threatened your life!" "Yeah, I realize that" "And your not the least bit terrified?!" "No, she's what you all say, all talk and no bite. She won't hurt me, it'll cause you to much pain, and she knows that, all she's trying to do is scare me" "Riley, she's going fucking crazy!" "You know what we gotta do?" I asked. "We gotta call Stefan and Damon" "You sure-?" "Yes, Jeremy!" "Ok" He said, handing me my phone.

"Im sorry I snapped at you" "Don't be"

'Riley?' 'Hey, Stef' 'Whats up? Is everything ok?' 'Um, depends, you alone?' 'Yeah why?' 'Is E anywhere in the house?' 'E? Oh, are you t-' 'Yes' 'Yeah, but-' 'Go somewhere else' 'Um, ok' He said and I heard him leave and get in the car, he turned the engine on and started driving.

'Alright' 'Are you... Driving?' 'Yes, I am' 'Um, ok' 'So, what's this about? It's 2 in the morning' 'Elena came here' 'What?' 'Yeah, she came banging on the door and when we talked to her she said she came to kill me' 'You better be fucking kidding me?' 'No, then she said she's getting payback because she didn't get to kill me then and there... I guess' 'Ok, you know what, watch your backs and stay in the same spot' 'Stefan i think she turned it off' 'Yeah, me too'

We hung up and watch a movie until we fell asleep. Every move that was made Jeremy was afraid it was Elena coning back to finish what she started.

"Jeremy, if you don't stop fidgeting and making yourself paranoid, your gonna go full on crazy! And your gonna drag me with you!" He chuckled at the last part. "Look, Jeremy, I'm a vampire, your not, I can protect you more than you can protect me" He hesitates and then says, "Riley, I just can't let you go. Its an instinct to protect the people I care about"

"Well, please your making me nervous" "You should be nervous! You just had a vampire threaten your life!" "A vampire who is threatening another vampire, I know exactly how to protect myself Jeremy... You just might not like it" "You are not killing my sister!" "Jeremy if she attacks me, I might not have a choice" "Please use any other way first"

"Listen, I don't want you to have to choose between your sister and I, that's unfair; so, I'm not asking you too but Jeremy I wouldn't kill anyone unless it was absolutely necessary. And if she was about to kill me that's absolutely necessary!" I said, not raising my voice in a mean way, but a stern way.

"I know and I don't want you to die and I don't want her to die-" "Neither of us are gonna die, because Stefan's gonna lock her in the cellar and find a way to get her humanity back on" "He's locking her up!" "Its the only way to make sure both of us are safe" "Yeah, I know, am I aloud to see her" "I don't know, you'll have to ask Stefan"

He hugs me and to my surprise, starts crying. "Jer, don't cry, please" "I just can't lose anyone else" "And you won't, I'm not going anywhere, and neither is she" "Promise no matter what you won't leave?" "I promise" He nods and hugs me tighter. "And, I'll tell you what, Jeremy" I paused for dramatic affect.

Uh oh, what's she gonna do? Find out in the next chapter! Thanks for reading guys! And I'm dedicating this to the person who messaged me asking me to continue this, sorry it took so long. yashvi_lodha thank you so much!! 💖💖