Eva Rose Salvatore

~9 Months later~
Riley
It's near time for me to give birth to Damon and I's baby and let me tell you, I am in absolute agony. Jeremy and I aren't in the hotel anymore I stay at the boarding house in one of the numerous extra bedrooms they have.

We stay on guard of everything and every pain that I have because we don't know exactly what to expect. I mean Damon and I are two vampires and are probably having a human baby. So we don't know whats gonna happen or anything. Not to mention we're both new to this, neither of us have been parents before.

"Riley, you look horrible" Caroline said. "Thanks, nice to see you too, Care" "Im sorry, I'm sorry" "Its ok, your only confirming that I do, I feel horrible so it makes sense" "I'm sorry, I wish I could make you feel better" "Nah, its cool, all part of it"

A few hours later I had been laying on the couch and I got this sharp pain in my lower abdomen. "Ow" "What is it?" "Ow, ow, ow! Damon my stomach" "Is it the baby?" "Oh my gosh! My water just broke!" "Um, ok we gotta get to the hospital" "I can't move Damon it hurts!" "Riley, babe you have to" "Call Jo!" "Ok"

Jo came over not long after that, "Where is she?" "On the couch" "Riley?" "Jo?!" "Hey, just breathe ok?" "It hurts, Jo" "I know but you have to" She removed the towel over me and there's water and blood everywhere.

"Oh, God" "Ugh, Jo, it hurts!" "Sh, breathe, Riley, your gonna push this baby out, shes already on her way out" "What?" "She's coming out, I need you to push for me Riley" "Jo, I'm scared" "Riley, I know but if you don't calm down this baby is gonna die" "Huh! What?!" "Push, riley"

I started to push like she said and I just I couldn't do it. "I can't do it, Jo I can't do it!" "You have to just a little more ok?" "Ok" I started pushing more and she finally got her out. But there wasn't any crying. And I didn't hear a heartbeat. "Jo, Jo I I don't hear crying!" "Just relax, get my pair of scissors now!" She cut the umbilical cord from around the neck and there went the crying.

"Uh, you... You saved her" I cried. "Do you want me to clean her off" "Please?" "I thought we lost her, Damon" "I know, me too" "And it would've been my fault" "No, no it wouldn't have been, you were scared like every mother" Jo comes in with the baby wrapped in a towel.

I looked at Damon with worry and he nods his head. I grab hold of the baby and look at her, examining all her features.

"Damon, she's beautiful" I chuckle. "Yeah, yeah she is" "What's her name?" "Damon?" "Eva" He smiled, I thought for a second,"Eva Rose Salvatore" "It's beautiful" "Beautiful name for a beautiful baby"