Almost

Alaric
Well, now she knows the truth; and the exact way I didn't want her to. "What?" Riley asks, confused. "That's what you didn't want me to know" She accused me. "Isn't it? Are you... One of them, Dad?" "No, Riley" "How can I be sure?" "Riley, I am your dad, I promise I am not one of them" "Ok, I believe you" "Your not either, you were just bitten, Damon gotten Stefan off of you before you could get turned" "Damon... Saved me?" "Yeah, he did" "Oh my gosh... I- huh... Can u... Go and get him for me?" "Yeah" "Thanks" "Your welcome"

Riley
Damon came up the stairs, slowly, entering the room. "Damon-" "Don't, Riley, you have every right to be mad at me" "No, I don't, but, your not the one who attacked me, Stefan is" "Yeah, but, he also didn't" "What?" "Riley, when a vampire gets turned, we have a choice to turn off our humanity... Stefan's humanity is off, he doesn't feel any emotions, if he did, he wouldn't have done that" "Thank you, Damon" "For saving your life?" He said with a smile, I chuckled making him chuckle. "Does this mean I'm still your best friend?" "Damon, no matter what, you'll always be my best friend" "Good"

When Damon was apologizing, there was something about him. It was like attraction, that I felt; because he was being so nice maybe. I'm not sure exactly, who knows. But, after he said, "Good" We both stared at each other and he moved a piece of hair from my face, and I leaned forward. Just as our lips were about to touch, my dad comes bursting in the doors.

Damon
It's not a good idea, it's not a good idea; I keep trying to tell myself that but I just never seem to process it I guess. Riley and I were about to kiss and possibly ruin our friendship, when her dad comes in the room, saying something about a murder that he thinks could be Stefan.

If he saw or suspected anything, he didn't say anything. So, hopefully, he didn't. Ugh, I can't kiss my best friends daughter! What is wrong with me?! But, I just feel like there's something between us, that's corny as hell. I guess I have to talk to her about it.

Riley
Gosh, I almost kissed Damon! Do I wanna kiss Damon? I mean he's handsome, he's nice, I've known him since I was a kid. After all, he did save me from getting killed by Stefan.

My dad is going to get some stuff at his place because we're staying the night here. As soon as he leaves, Damon gives me the  We-have-to-talk-about-this look. I roll my eyes and nod, knowing we do. "I know" I said and he chuckled. "What?" "Nothing" "Why did you chuckle?" "You automatically know my facial expressions and it's been years since we've seen each other" "Yeah, some things never change Damon" "That's true, like you. You haven't changed" "Thanks?" He laughs at me. "Your still funny, and you" "And me?" "Yeah, you could've changed, some people change after all this time, but you didn't" "Yeah, you should know that I wouldn't change for the best of them" "Good" "Yeah" "Hey, what is up with you?" "What?" "Your nicer?" "I'm nicer?" "Yeah" "Your back, and I'm glad" "Is that the... Only reason?" "Are you hinting at something?" He smirks. "No, I'm just wanting to catch up with you... What have I missed" "Uh, well, there's-" "Damon!" "Elena" "Who's Elena?" "Her"