𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | NOSTALGIA'S A BITCH

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA STEPPED OUT OF THE SHOWER AND WIPED AWAY THE CONDENSATION FROM THE MIRROR. She had never felt so out of touch with reality than she did right now. Not only had she lost Stefan, but she had lost Damon, too. As much as she hated to admit it, she needed her best friend almost as much as she needed Stefan. A sigh left her lips as she wandered over to the large, white hoodie that was laid out on her bed and she threw it over her head.

"Klara, get your ass down here, now!" The blonde vampire heard Caroline yell all the way from downstairs, where she was supposed to be meeting Bonnie for a coffee. Klara just assumed that it was to get her to join in the conversation, but she knew she had to go downstairs and face the day eventually. "Klara! Come on."

After hearing yet another impatient yell, Klara sped down the staircase. "Okay. I'm here. What's with all the—" Her words paused the second she stepped into the parlor and noticed Damon Salvatore sat motionless on a chair in front of them. "—Shouting."

Klara stepped forward and waved her hand in front of his eyes, but there was nothing. Almost like the lights had turned off inside Damon's head and he wasn't completely there. "What do you think happened to him?" Bonnie asked.

"Sybil." A sigh left the Adams vampire's lips as Caroline furrowed her brows. "I tried to get through to Damon's humanity at the Miss Mystic Falls pageant, clearly Sybil didn't like that."

"Okay. But, the real question is— what did she do to his brain this time?" Caroline sighed out, slightly anxiously as she stared at Damon.

"Only one way to find out." The Bennett girl glanced between Klara and Caroline before she motioned to Damon. "I say we go in there and find out ourselves."

Klara stood one side of Bonnie, while Caroline moved to the other. The three friends joined hands while the two vampires placed their free hands on each of Damon's shoulders. They closed their eyes and prepared to get inside the Salvatore's head, but instead all they saw was him burning and screaming as the raw fire consumed him. 

The three friends jolted back the minute they were pushed from his head. Bonnie gasped in horror. "What was that?"

"I— I don't know. It was just fire and pain."

"Right, well, that's what he's feeling. Pain." Klara concluded. She gestured back toward her best friend, who had one single tear roll all the way down his cheek. "He's suffering, and whatever the hell she's done to him, she's gonna pay."

A moment took them, and all they heard was humming by none other than Sybil. "Well, what'd you know," Caroline smirked and led the three girls down toward the cellar and once they opened the door, they were face-to-face with Sybil. She was still wearing the same dress as previously, though she had blood all over her face. "Looks like we have a rat in the cellar."