𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | WELCOME TO PARADISE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE ONE THING KLARA HATED MORE THAN THE SAME DAY ON LOOP WAS GROCERY SHOPPING. It wasn't even grocery shopping that was the problem— it was grocery shopping with Damon Salvatore that she hated. For a vampire who consumed blood, he was incredibly picky about which foods Klara and Bonnie placed into the cart.

"Okay. We need strawberries, eggs, milk, and—" The Bennett girl read from a grocery list that Klara had helpfully composed while the two engaged in their third argument of the day. "Oh. Candles." Bonnie grabbed a white candle from the shelf and placed it into the cart.

"I know it's been a while, but you couldn't do magic as an Anchor. So I'm curious what momentary lapse of reason makes you think you can do it now?" Damon gruffy responded once Bonnie had placed the candle into the cart.

"You know, when all this started, you sucked at making pancakes. And now, they're somewhat edible." Bonnie narrowed her eyes toward him.

"Milk." Klara pointed as they wandered past the fridge with dozens of milk cartons. Damon rolled his eyes and grabbed a carton of milk while Klara watched. "She's right. You're being moody, just let her do her thing, alright?"

"Besides, we have proof we're not alone." Bonnie began to focus on the array of sunglasses that were hanging in a rack just at the end of the aisle. 

"This proof, this mysteriously filled-in crossword could have easily been one of you." Damon was referring to the last column of the crossword that Bonnie had been struggling with. "Though, considering Klara's shameful crossword ability, it was probably you."

"Not me, but thanks for the vote of confidence, Damon." Klara rolled her eyes as she watched Damon snatch another pair of shades from Bonnie's hand.

"I'm just saying. One of you two filling it in makes more sense than the alternative." Damon eyed up the two girls while Klara had a batch of eggs in her hand. 

Bonnie scoffed. "I get what you're doing. You refuse to have hope you'll see Elena again so you don't have to be disappointed."

"I refuse to have hope. Nothing to have hope for." The Salvatore vampire continued to slowly push the cart around the corner of the store while Klara rolled her eyes.

"Pork rinds." Bonnie immediately paused as she watched Damon pull out the shopping list.

"Not on the list. And, ew." He scrunched up his face and started to walk again, but Bonnie's voice stopped him.

"No, Damon. There were pork rinds here, on this shelf." The Bennett girl gestured to the end shelf of the isle. "There have been pork rindes here on every shopping trip we've had for the last four months."