𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE GIRLS ALL STEPPED INTO CLASS ON THEIR FIRST DAY ALL TOGETHER BACK WHITMORE. Caroline Forbes was focused on trying to forget the events of the party— more specifically the fight she had with Tyler and the fact that Damon and Elena had officially broken up. 

"So, we all agree? No more moping about life's little failures and no more babbling in the dark arts of boyfriend's past." The Forbes girl spoke toward the three girls and then twirled around to face them. "This is a fresh start."

"Couldn't agree more. I happen to love fresh starts." Elena smiled in agreement with Caroline's pact before she stepped over to her seat.

"Uh, Klara and I haven't been moping or dabbling." Bonnie raised the point while Klara looked toward Caroline, who didn't seem to expect the objection.

Caroline rolled her eyes. "Today is the dawning of a new era. This is stage one of our metamorphosis into the land of the brave, the free, and the single."

"Bonnie's not single." Elena spoke up, purposely missing out Klara who was still in a happy relationship with Stefan Salvatore.

"Um. Neither am I." Klara waved her hand in front of the three girl's faces to indicate that she was also there. Bonnie chuckled, while a sigh of irritation left Elena's lips.

"Bonnie and Klara's best friend's are single, which makes them single adjacement. So they can be our wingwomen." Caroline looked between Bonnie and Klara before she handed Elena a flyer for an event.

"Whitmore's annual Bitter Ball. A night to celebrate broken hearts, jilted lovers and bitter singles." Elena read from the flyer and then raised an eyebrow to the Forbes vampire. "This is our fresh start?"

"I mean, it's a little bit tragic, I won't lie, Care." Klara chuckled as she pulled her notebook from her bag and placed it on her lap. 

"No. This is our purge. Our cleanse. This is where we rid ourselves from the baggage better known as our tragic and mortifying first semester." Caroline then noticed Bonnie's attention was drawn elsewhere. "Bonnie!"

"Bonnie, you're coming. If I'm going, so are you." Klara sighed out as she turned to the Bennett girl who reluctantly nodded. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

For Klara, the bitter ball felt a little pointless. She was happy with Stefan and bitter was the last thing she was, though she knew that she had to go in support of her two friends that were nursing broken hearts. She had picked a red lace dress that was tight to her body and then draped down around her legs. The two girl's nodded approvingly.