𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | NO EXIT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA WAS WORRIED ABOUT DAMON, EVEN IF NOBODY ELSE WAS. He was hurting since he broke up with Elena and dealing with the pain of that breakup the only way he knew how— through violence and murder. Klara knew that he had committed some unforgivable acts, but she refused to give up on Damon so she and Stefan asked the Sheriff to help them track down his location.

"You two were right. He's off the rails." Caroline immediately spoke as she walked straight into the house with a folder full of evidence supporting their theory. She handed the folder to Klara, who began to flip through it. "And this is from my mum."

"Let me guess— missing persons and animal attacks." Stefan raised an inquisitive eyebrow as started to read the report over his girlfriend's shoulder.

"Check and check. But, there's something else. All the victims were found inside their homes without their heads, and their skin was desiccated." Caroline revealed and suddenly the two's eyes widened fearfully.

"What? Desiccated?" Klara repeated anxiously as she began to connect the dots in her head. "Damon's not feeding on humans. He's feeding on vampires."

Exasperatedly, Stefan threw himself down onto the couch as Klara dropped the missing person report on the table in front. "I shouldn't have let him go."

"No! Uh-Uh. No! You are not turning Damon's roosting chickens into a Stefan Salvatore guilt trip." Caroline flapped her arms around while Stefan listened. "No one could have stopped him from going after Wes the other night."

"I guess Wes must have injected him with whatever he was going to give Elena that makes vampires feed on vampires." Stefan looked between the two blondes with a shrug. 

"Okay, so when this happened to Jesse, we had to kill him." Klara glanced at Caroline as she brought of the death of the guy that Caroline was crushing on at the beginning of the semester. "We need to find him, now."

"Well, I can come with you." Elena instantly walked into the room with a smile on her face and an eager look in her eyes. Klara was still relatively irritated with the girl.

"Elena, I didn't know that you were here." Caroline smiled toward her friend and then turned to Klara and gave her a confused look. Caroline knew that Klara was annoyed with the doppelganger hanging around Stefan since she split from Damon.

"Yeah." Klara hummed as she rolled her eyes. "Apparently Stefan's helping her study. You know, even though he doesn't actually go to college."

"Well, he's an expert in history." The doppelganger added with an almost condescending smile as she turned her gaze from Klara to Caroline. 

The blonde pulled her phone from her pocket and noticed that Tyler was calling her. An immediate look of terror fell across her face. "It's Tyler. I haven't really spoken to him since the, um, incident."