𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | TODAY WILL BE DIFFERENT 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THERE WAS FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS— SOME HOPE. Enzo had left a clue at the crime scene for Bonnie to find and it was enough to make Bonnie and the rest of the gang believe that Enzo was on their side. Klara had finally managed to move all of her belongings back into the Salvatore house and into the bedroom that she once shared with Stefan. She couldn't believe how much she had missed it.

Klara wandered up the staircase to see Stefan in the spare bedroom. He had been busy decorating the room every since Klara announced that she wanted to move back in. Before she could even enter the room, he sped into the doorway. 

"No. I mean it, Klara. You're not coming in here until it's finished." Stefan folded his arms across his chest with a pointed look on his face. He chuckled as soon as he saw her pout. "No. No, don't do that. You know that I can't resist the face."

"I just wanna know what you're doing!" The blonde vampire whined and then attempted to look over his shoulder, but Stefan stepped in the way again.

"And, you will. Once it's done." He stepped out of the room and closed the door behind him. "I want coffee. Do you want coffee? We should get coffee."

Klara reluctantly folded her arms across her chest and admitted defeat while she followed her boyfriend down the staircase. "I hate you. You know that, right?"

"No, you don't otherwise you wouldn't be here." Stefan mused proudly once they stepped into the kitchen. He gently placed a kiss on her forehead and then grabbed two mugs and placed them near the espresso machine. "You just hate surprises. But, guess what? I love that you hate it."

Klara pulled out her phone and dialed Caroline's number with a sigh. She knew that Caroline and Bonnie were at her office looking through crime reports. Bonnie was desperate to find Enzo so badly that she wasn't even focusing on herself anymore. "Hey, have you guys found anything yet?"

"Actually, yeah," Bonnie announced as soon as Klara finished speaking. "Two murders in two different towns just this morning."

"Yeah, both women died of neck wounds." The Forbes vampire carried on from Bonnie's vague explanation as Klara glanced to Stefan. "All the information they have so far are the victims' names. There's Sarah Nelson McGowan."

The minute Stefan heard the name, his heartbeat increased. His eyes widened and he hurried over to the phone that was placed on the dining table. "What?"

"And the second victim is Sarah Jane Nelson."

Klara glanced up to Stefan once she saw the fear in his eyes. She had not seen him look so terrified, so scared in a very long time. "I'm guessing Enzo picked his moment."