𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | THE WORLD HAS TURNED AND LEFT ME HERE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

MORNING HAD COME AND HOPE HAD BEEN RESTORED IN BOTH KLARA AND DAMON. They were headed through the forest, each of them in a overly-preppy mood at the thought of finally going home to their loved ones. Klara turned back around to see Damon imitating a sword fight with a large stick and scoffed. It had been a while since she'd seen Damon truly hopeful— since she had seen them all hopeful.

"You're in a good mood for the first time this decade," Bonnie commented as she listened to Damon's whistling from behind her, then he started to poke her with his stick. The Bennett girl turned around and swatted him away. "Stop that!"

"I have a hot date with my girl tonight." Damon replied, matter-of-factly even though Bonnie was still extremely hesitant to work with Kai. 

"Correction: We all have hot dates tonight." Klara corrected in a perky tone as she thought about throwing her arms around Stefan Salvatore's body. 

"Yeah, assuming Kai's telling the truth." Bonnie interjected with her usual cyncial tone when it came to Kai. 

"I'm thinking dinner and a movie. You know, what? Screw the dinner and a movie, skip straight to the good part." The Salvatore wriggled his eyebrows again as he started poking Klara with his stick.

Klara turned around and attempted to swat Damon away while a sigh left Bonnie's lips. "Yeah, and assuming I can do the spell, which I won't know until I see it." The witch continued to last all the negatives.

The blonde vampire folded her arms across her chest as they continued to walk. "Oh. Ever the pesimist, Bonnie. If it helps, I have every single faith in you."

"Klara's right. Whatever happened to hope, Bon? Remember how I was all like, boo, grr. And you two were like, hooray, hooray. We're getting out of here."

"Look, I wanna go home more than anything, but Kai's a sociopath." Bonnie lowered her tone of voice while she clutched her backpack strap. "Who's to say he won't screw us over?"

"Me. I say." Damon bit immediately while her rested the large stick against his shoulder. "Because I will kill Kai and anyone who comes in the way of me going home." He then extended the stick and pointed it out in front of him.

"I heard my name. All good, I hope." Kai appeared out of the trees with a innocent smile on his face and the Ascendant in hand. "The eclipse will happen directly overhead. In perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation." He turned his head toward Damon. "You need to dig into the tunnels below us. We'll do the spell there."

Klara furrowed her brows as she heard a grunt leave Damon's mouth. "And, uh, why exactly are we doing that?"

"Have you never portal-jumped through an eclipse before?" The boy feigned surprise as he glanced between the three supernatural. "Okay, look, the light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the Ascendant. You spout a little witchy-woo and then, poof— anyone standing in the circle of light holding the Ascendant goes home."