𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | I ALONE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA QUITE LITERALLY JUMPED AT THE CHANCE TO HELP BRING BONNIE BACK WHEN DAMON ASKED. After her night at the Skull Bar with Stefan and several strong tequilas, she had woken up to find his sleeping body right beside hers and once she saw him, she grabbed her clothes and left.  

"So, you slept with him and left the next morning?" Elena raised an eyebrow once Klara had told her and Damon about the previous night's antics.

The Salvatore hummed with a small shrug. "At least that explains why he was wearing last night's clothes when I saw him this morning." Damon scoffed. "Figured it had something to do with you, Goldie-Locks."

"Shut up," Klara warned through gritted teeth as she ran her hands through her curled hair. "Honestly, I'm just really confused right now."

The three walked the rest of the way through the cemetery in silence. Damon figured that he had teased Klara enough about her night of passion with his brother so he kept his mouth shut and refrained from any further comments. 

"Hey." Elena Gilbert called out to Liv, who was crouched on the ground next to Elena's parent's headstone. Liv had agreed to send them over to the 1994 Prison World to get Bonnie. "Thanks for doing this."

"Don't worry about it," Liv responded in her usual dull and irritated tone. "I needed an excuse to get out of that frat house. Way too much boy. Gross." The witch turned her eyes to Damon. "You got everything?"

"Yup. Blood from a Bennett— Lucy, to be exact. And an Ascendant from whatever the hell your last name is." Damon handed over the vial of Bennett blood as well as the Ascendant. 

"Parker." The witch rolled her eyes and then examined the Ascendant that she placed in the palm of her hand. "So this is the famous Ascendant. I'm surprised that Jo gave it up."

Alarm bells rang in Klara's head the moment that she heard Jo had apparently given the Ascendant to Damon. Elena's eyebrows furrowed in confusion once she noticed the look on Klara's face. "Why?"

"The Ascendant keeps Kai locked in the Prison World. The likelihood of him going after her if he gets out is... extremely high." The blonde vampire explained to Elena, while Liv nodded slowly. 

"Well. Good old Jo, helping us out." All eyes averted to Damon, who began to shift uncomfortably. And, that was when Klara knew he wasn't being truthful about how he acquired the Ascendant. "Can we do this, please?"

"Whatever. So, I'm gonna need the moon to activate the Ascendant. It'll be viable for about eight hours, so once I send you over, the clock's ticking."

The doppelganger nodded while Klara and Damon gazed up to the moon that was placed perfectly within the sky above them. "And how do we get back?"

"Drink these." Liv handed each vampire a vial of her blood. "It's my blood. It'll link you to me so I can find you and bring you back. Give this one to Bonnie, too." She handed Klara the extra vial.