𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | DETOURED ON SOME RANDOM BACKWOODS PATH TO HELL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA'S HEART THUMPED IN HER CHEST THE MINUTE SHE AND ALARIC BURST THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR IN SEARCH OF THEIR KIDS. She had shown Matt a picture of her daughters and their nanny, Seline, though it appeared Seline was not who she said she was— she was Sybil's sister. The second Siren. Once Klara and Alaric searched the house for their girls, all that remained was a drawing of Lizzie, Josie, Seline, and Cade. 

It wasn't long before Alaric called the Police and reported their children missing. The house was flooded with cops and detectives that were taking Alaric's statement, while Klara was busy finding two pictures of the girls that would be good for a missing person's informational plea.

"So, I have these two. I mean, I— I don't know which would be best. This is them with Seline." Klara placed her phone into the detective's hand and began to swipe through pictures of Lizzie, Josie, and Seline. Then, she pulled out a drawing that was similar in likeness to Sybil. "Oh, and this is Sybil. We suspect that Seline is with her." 

The detective knitted his brows together in confusion as he glanced at the blonde vampire. "How do you know they're traveling together?"

"Uh, they're family. Sybil is Seline's sister, but it's— it's complicated. Look, are these photos okay, or not?" The frantic mother folded her arms across her chest with a hurried look.

"Yes, Miss. Adams. I assure you, we're on it." The detective nodded just as a few of his officers wandered out of the house while daylight fast approached. "We'll find your children. In the meantime, if you hear anything, don't hesitate to let us know."

"Yeah. Thanks." Klara bitterly nodded while she rolled her eyes. Her lack of faith in the Police Department didn't help the situation. But, as the detective wandered out of the house, Stefan charged in. 

"Klara. I've compelled the sheriff to make this case a priority. It should bypass some red tape." He explained while his eyes drifted down to the duffle bag set on the table. "Where to first?"

"Uh— maybe ask Ric, he's on the phone with Matt now. I'm hoping he's found something." Klara vaguely shrugged, her attention solely placed on packing her things.

Stefan lunged forward and grabbed the bag. "I'll go put this in the car."

"Woah. Woah, wait." The blonde vampire twirled around and pulled the duffle bag from her fiancee's hold as her face softened. "Stefan, you're not coming. I get that you wanna help make this better, but you can't. Just, stay with Matt and work with the police."

"Klara, you can't be serious." A scoff of disbelief left Stefan's lips. "The twins have been abducted by two sirens, and you expect me to just hang back?"