𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | CHRISTMAS THROUGH YOUR EYES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS CHRISTMAS, BUT IT DIDN'T FEEL VERY MERRY. Klara had no idea where she stood with Stefan. She, Damon and, Elena had failed to bring Bonnie back, and she couldn't even step into Mystic Falls without dying. It was safe to say that she was not in the Christmas spirit, at all.

Instead of staying in their dorm and attempting to help Caroline and her Mom hang Christmas lights, Klara headed out to grab a coffee and then plan the rest of her day accordingly. She didn't exactly want to third-wheel Caroline and her Mom's day of bonding, so she vowed to find something else to do.

Once she stepped out of the small coffee shop on Whitmore campus, she instantly hit decline on the incoming call she had from Stefan. Klara's eyes were drawn to the red Porsche that was parked in the parking lot and then to Stefan who was stood beside it. "You leave me to wake up alone in your dorm room, and now you're screening my calls." Stefan folded his arms, indicating that he had watched her decline his call. "Harsh."

"Sorry, I'm just—" The vampire tried her best to compose the thoughts that swirled around in her head, but nothing came to mind. 

"—Caroline said you were in a mood. You okay?"

"It's Christmas, and I'm feeling about as Christmas-y as— I don't know, something that's not very Christmas-y." The Adams vampire blurted out as she heard him chuckle. "Are you laughing?"

"What?" Immediately the laughter halted and a serious look fell across Stefan's face. "No. Of course not. Why would I laugh at you?"

"You're laughing at me. Wonderful." Klara mumbled under her breath as she looked up at him again. "Look, if you're just gonna mock me then can you leave me alone?"

"No. No mocking, I swear." Stefan held his hands up in surrender before he opened the passenger door of his car and raised an eyebrow to Klara. "Get in."

"Not before you tell me why." 

"Do you trust me?" 

Klara narrowed her eyes toward the Salvatore and then crossed her arms over her chest. "Strange. It's like you want me to alert everyone on campus that you're a strange man telling me to get into your car." Stefan tilted his head toward the girl, though he remained unchanged in his attempt to get her into his car. Eventually, she relented and rolled her eyes. "Fine. Fine."

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" He mocked once she jumped into the passenger seat and glared at him. He chuckled to himself, almost encouraged by her faux hostile attitude, and then jumped into the drivers set. "So, go on. Why are you in a mood, hm?"

"There's not really anything to be celebrating. I mean, I've got no family. Bonnie isn't here. We can't even celebrate Christmas in our home— this sucks, Stefan." Klara huffed out as she rested her head against the window, while his thumbs tapped against the steering wheel. "I know what you're gonna say."