𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | KILL 'EM ALL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE STEFAN BLEW BACK INTO HER LIFE, KLARA HAD FELT COMPLETELY UNSETTLED. The only person that she truly knew that she could talk to about anything was Caroline Forbes— her best friend. When Klara and Stefan first ended things, Klara constantly went to Caroline for advice and help since she seemed to be the only person in the world who understood the pain that Klara felt when Stefan left her.

"So, you don't feel anything?" Caroline raised an eyebrow toward Klara as the two sat at the bottom of the garden while Lizzie and Josie played with a ball on the lawn.

"Nope." Klara popped the P and lightly sipped on a coffee.

A small scoff escaped Caroline's lips the moment her eye caught Klara. "You know, you're a terrible liar, Klara." Caroline wriggled her eyebrows. "It's okay to feel confused or conflicted. Stefan was your first love and he left you."

"Yeah, that's right, Care. He left me." Klara snapped. "Sure, he was on the run from a supernatural killer that wanted to plunge his soul into the Pheonix Stone for the rest of eternity, but I would have waited for him." 

"Sure." Caroline nodded slowly, and then glanced over to the girls who were playing happily together. "You know, you can still admit you love him, right?"

"Right. But, I don't. Ric and the girls are all I care about now. I haven't got time for the Selfish Salvatore brother." Klara gritted her teeth at the thought of Stefan but shook herself from her rage the moment Lizzie ran over. "What's up, angel?"

"Mommy, Lammy wants a drink." Lizzie waved around a small plush lamb that she carried everywhere with her. It was the first cuddly toy that Klara ever gave her. 

"Oh. Lammy wants a drink, does she?" A soft chuckle left Klara's lips before she glanced to Caroline and then Lizzie, who nodded vigorously. "And what does Lammy want?"

"A strawberry milkshake!" Lizzie cheered happily and then ran straight back over to her sister.

"I don't suppose you could—"

"Of course! Go make Lammy a milkshake." Caroline chuckled softly and then averted her eyes back to the children while Klara wandered into the house.

As soon as she entered the kitchen, she saw Alaric rummaging through a box in search of something. "Uh. Have you lost something?" As she stepped closer, she noticed what box he was going through— the box that used to contain his crossbow. "Oh. If you're looking for your crossbow, it's with the Halloween decorations. Caroline took the liberty of moving the shotgun from the kitchen while the stake guns and vervain grenades are in the minivan." The blonde vampire listed carefully as she wandered over to the fridge.