𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | WHAT LIES BENEATH

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

STEFAN HAD KILLED ENZO LAST NIGHT AND DAMON WAS NONE THE WISER. After Enzo had held Stefan, Elena and Bonnie hostage in Skull Bar and turned his humanity off when he found out that Damon killed the love of his life, Maggie, Stefan went after Enzo. The two fought and Stefan ended up ripping his heart out. The only people who know what had really happened where Stefan, Klara and, Elena. 

Stefan and Elena were determined to keep the truth from Damon out of fear that it might cause him to spiral, but Klara knew that it wasn't something she wanted to keep from Damon. Of course, she didn't want to break Stefan's trust but she didn't want to break Damon's either— he was her best friend.

Klara walked into the Salvatore House to see Luke sat in the middle of the room, his eyes closed and chanting while Damon tossed ice cubes at him. "Uh. Do I wanna know what's going on or should I just come back later?"

"Dealers choice." Damon shrugged with a smirk as he handed Klara a tumbler of bourbon. "Drink. For reasons unknown to me, you look worse than I feel. Trouble with my brother?"

"No, I—"

"Because I'll kick his ass if you want?" Damon wriggled his eyebrows suggestively as Klara chuckled. All she thought was how the hell was she supposed to keep the fact that one of his best friend's was dead from him. Damon's eyes turned to Stefan, who walked in shortly after. "Speak of the devil and he doth appear." 

"Damon, I know you're out of friends, but, uh—" Stefan stood beside Klara as he watched Damon toss more ice cubes at Luke. "I'm not sure this guy's the best replacement."

"I don't think this guy's the best anything if his locator spell skills are any indication." Damon turned his attention back to Luke. "Yo! Where's your sister?"

"She's tired of being almost murdered." Luke responded once he finally stopped chanting and opened his eyes. "Look. I can find any person anywhere on the planet, okay? There's just something weird with your friend Enzo. I can't get a read."

Klara and Stefan glanced to each other and exchanged looks. Of course Luke wouldn't be able to find Enzo. He was dead. "Enzo? Didn't he, uh, go to Cape Horn?"

"He flipped his humanity switch. There should've been a body count all the way to the airport."

Klara cleared her throat as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Why're you looking for him anyway? Didn't he try to kill Elena?"

"Gee, I don't know, Goldie-Locks. Vampire with no humanity who wants me dead for killing his girl. Hmm." Damon trailed off with a pointed look on his face.

"Well, maybe he hired a witch to block whatever Luke's doing." Stefan suggested and then turned to the witch. "Is that possible?"

"A cloaking spell? I guess."