𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | NEXT TIME I HURT SOMEBODY IT COULD BE YOU 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE KLARA AND STEFAN HAD BEEN TOGETHER, THE BLONDE LEARNED TO ENJOY CHRISTMAS A LITTLE MORE. She wasn't sure whether it was the fact that Stefan made it magical, or that he gave amazing gifts— but if she were being honest, she loved it now. Stefan was determined to give the people that he loved the best twenty-four hours that he could because at midnight, he was Cade's. 

As the blonde vampire waltz down the staircase, she noticed the entire house had already been perfectly decorated with Christmas decorations. It was a surprise, considering everything that was going on. Klara slowly wandered into the kitchen, which was perfectly decorated, and saw Stefan at the stove. "Look at you."

"Yeah, well, I told you I'd get you to love Christmas, and now you do." Stefan proudly grinned toward his fiance while he tossed a towel onto the kitchen worktop. "Caroline's helping me plan Christmas Eve dinner for today. So, we're going to do it."

"Dinner?" Klara's mouth hung open in disbelief. "But, are you sure? I mean, do you really wanna spend your last hours as a free man bickering about who stole all the gravy at the dinner table?"

"I think our last day of life as we know it should be a little bit less depressing than moping around on our own, don't you?" Stefan wandered straight over to Klara and placed his hands on her cheeks. "So, today, we are gonna do what people do on Christmas. We're gonna eat more than we should, and we're gonna drink until our friends and family seem somewhat normal." Klara chuckled softly as she perched herself up on her tip-toes to kiss him softly. "That's what I want today to be. Oh, you look gorgeous, by the way."

Stefan smiled admiringly down at Klara, who wore a gorgeous blue dress with her hair lightly curled. "Well, I figured I'd make an effort for you. I know it's your favorite."

"Absolutely," Stefan smirked, his attention back on the cooking at the door knocked. "Wow. I wonder who that could be, hm?"

With intrigue running through her veins, Klara gave Stefan a smile and hurried to the front door. As she opened it, she saw Lizzie and Josie wearing matching outfits while they stood beside Alaric. "Oh, my God! Hi, girls!"

"Merry Christmas, Mommy!" They squealed and ran into Klara's arms. The blonde looked completely and utterly grateful for one final shred of happiness.

"Merry Christmas to you, too, angels. Now, come on, let's get those jackets off, okay?" Klara chuckled softly as she helped Lizzie with her jacket.

Alaric cleared his throat and took a deep breath before he folded his arm over his chest. "I'm afraid we're not going to be here very long." 

"You can't be serious? Today's my last day with them for a while. A running theme, if you haven't heard."