𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | A BIRD IN A GILDED CAGE 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA LOVED THE FEELING OF NOT CARING ABOUT A SINGLE THING. The girl could not understand why so many people were against flipping the humanity switch, especially when it felt this good. She was no longer burdened by trivial things such as sadness, empathy, joy, love— in her eyes it was amazing.

"Okay." Caroline excitedly clapped her hands together as she ran toward Klara. The Forbes girl was excited to finally experience a carefree life with her best friend. "Tell me this isn't what you needed to let go."

"It is exactly what I needed. I should've turned it off ages ago!" Klara groaned with a smirk on her face. The girl's eyes fell to Stefan, who laid on the floor with a stake in his back. "Funny, isn't it? I did this for you— to save you. But, ironically, it's the best choice I have ever made."

"This isn't you. Trust me when I say that turning your humanity switch off is the worst thing you can ever do." Stefan shook his head with a bitter look on his face. "I won't stop until I get you back, Klara. You told me to bring you back."

"Right, well, now I'm telling you not to." The blonde vampire simply stated with a shrug as she grabbed her jacket. "This is who I am now, Stefan. It's probably best you, Damon, Elena and everybody else just accepts it."

"No. You're kind and you're caring and you're compassionate—"

"Ugh, dude. Give it up, already!" The Forbes vampire rolled her eyes as she walked over to Stefan and removed the stake from his back. "The girl's flipped her switch, get off her back. God. Remind me why you're in love with him, again? All he does is whine."

"I'm hungry." Klara hummed as she licked her lips. She avoided eye contact with Stefan, though she knew if she looked at him for too long, he would trigger something inside her. "I'm picking who we eat. I think I deserve it. You know, I genuinely can't remember the last time I drank straight from the vein."

"Oh, absolutely! No complaints from me." Caroline strutted toward the door and linked her arm with Klara's. "Goodbye, Stefan."

And with that, the two humanity-free vampires stepped out of the Skull Bar to wreak havoc on Whitmore. Stefan knew that he would do everything to get Klara back, I promised her that he would. After all, she turned it off to save him.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After a night of raving and killing with Caroline, Klara kicked the door of the Salvatore house open and stepped inside. As she did so, she saw Damon seated on a chair in front of the fireplace while Stefan remained beside him with his arms folded. 

"How was the rave? Must've been really good since you've come home with your dinner all over you." Damon asked with a pointed look on his face as he watched the blonde vampire rub the remaining blood from his mouth.