𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | THE SIMPLE INTIMACY OF THE NEAR TOUCH

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT HAD BEEN A WHILE SINCE STEFAN HAD DISAPPEARED FROM MYSTIC FALLS, AND CAROLINE HAD BEEN KEEPING KLARA COMPANY. The Forbes girl took it upon herself to move into the Salvatore House so that Klara wasn't living in the large house all by herself. Today was the day of Bonnie's arrival back from Paris, and the Bennett girl and Caroline wanted to keep it a surprise— Klara needed something to lift her spirits. 

"Care, do you want milk in your coffee?" Klara yelled as she stirred her cup of coffee, expecting some sort of response from her friend, though all she was met with was silence. "I'll take the silence as a no. Fine, your loss."

As Klara walked back through the corridors holding two cups of coffee, her eyes locked with Bonnie Bennett who stood in front of the door. "Surprise! I'm back. Bonjour!"

"Oh, my God! Bonnie!" Klara exclaimed as Caroline ran over to grab the two cups from her friend so that Klara and Bonnie could say a proper hello. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming back today?"

"That's because Bonnie and I wanted to keep it a surprise," Caroline explained as the two slowly parted from their hug. "You needed something to perk you up."

"Exactly! Speaking of perking you up, I bought you this. But, don't open it now. Save it until Stefan comes back." Bonnie placed a large, perfectly wrapped box into Klara's hands. "The gift is kind of wedding-themed."

"Thank you, Bon." Klara mused as she carefully placed the box down, but then Bonnie's necklace caught her eye. "Oh. That's gorgeous."

"Thank you. Enzo gave it to me on our last night in Paris." The Bennett tilted her head as she noticed the two girls had exchanged looks. "Yeah, it's filled with blood. Enzo's."

"That's—" Caroline immediately started as if she were wracking her brains, trying to think of something nice to say. 

"Morbid? Charming?" Bonnie chuckled and then began to imitate her boyfriend. "A mere symbol of an eternity with you, love."

"A symbol? Bon, that's more than a symbol. It's filled with Enzo's blood." Klara folded her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow. "You're not going to turn, are you?"

"Don't worry, I'm not turning into a vampire any time soon." Before Bonnie could say anything further, Klara's phone started to ring.  All eyes averted to the fact that Seline was calling. "Why would psycho-siren-nanny call you?"

"Seline, what the hell do you want?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Seline had requested that the girls meet with her at the Mystic Grill, and much to everyone's better judgment, they knew it must've been important. Klara sat down directly in front of the siren. "Five seconds to explain what you want, or I rip your tongue out."