𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | COLD AS ICE 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS THE FUNERAL OF LILY SALVATORE. Klara, Stefan, and Damon had met with Nora and Valerie in the cemetery to give the Salvatore woman a proper send-off. Damon and Stefan carried the coffin containing Lily toward the Salvatore crypt where they had dug a fresh grave for her. 

"Well, this it? This the whole funeral party?" Damon raised an eyebrow at the lack of Heretics and then turned to Nora. "Where's your girlfriend?"

"Not your concern." Nora coldly spoke in return.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"What about Julian?" Stefan asked, immediately cutting Damon's taunts off. "Where is he?"

The brunette Heretic shrugged toward Stefan. "I haven't heard from either of them in days. I sided with Lily, or did you forget?"

"But, what about the others?" Klara raised an eyebrow as she glanced between Nora and Valerie. She assumed that the rest of the Heretics would want to say goodbye to Lily. "Surely they'd want to—"

"—It's just us." Valerie snapped again. "Beau couldn't bring himself to say goodbye." 

A small chuckle left the lips of Damon Salvatore. "I'm sure he just couldn't find the right words to say." After he noticed Klara give him a serious look, he rolled his eyes. "Alright. Let's get her done."

"Wait," Stefan called out, just before Damon picked up Lily's coffin again. "We should say something."

"No, we shouldn't."

"Right. You might not want to, Damon, but they might." Klara gestured to Nora and Valerie, just as the brunette Heretic nodded and stepped forward.

"When I was a girl, I loved my mother deeply. She loved me, too, until she found out about my little siphoning problem. If she only knew that was just one of the things that made me different. When she turned her back on me, I thought I'd never find that kind of love again. You proved me wrong. Thank you, Lily." Nora took a deep breath to compose herself and then stepped away.

"Next," Damon spoke in a careless manner as Valerie stepped up.

"You knew me at my brightest and my darkest. No matter what my mood, you always saw the light in me." Valerie extended her hand and rested it on the pinewood coffin. "I'll miss you, Lily." 

After Valerie was done speaking, she and Nora headed away and left the Salvatores and the blonde alone with Lily's casket. "So, does either of you wanna say something?" Klara asked and glanced between the boys.

"How many times do you get a second chance to deliver your mother's eulogy?" Stefan asked with his eyes locked onto his older brother.

"Good point, brother." Damon shrugged. "How's this? Lily, you were a terrible mother when you were alive, and you were a terrible mother when you were dead." He patted the coffin sarcastically and then looked between Stefan and Klara. "You were right. That does feel good."