𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WAITING FOR BONNIE TO REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS WAS TORTURE. Klara had prayed that whatever deal Damon and Enzo made with Rayna had worked, but there was no way of knowing until her best friend opened her eyes. Caroline had joined Alaric, Klara, and Enzo in the waiting game after she called the girls a different babysitter and headed to Mystic Falls as fast as she could.

"Rayna screwed us." Damon gritted his teeth and headed straight over to the liquor to pour himself a bourbon. "She failed to mention that by giving Bonnie her life, she was actually giving Bonnie her lifestyle. So now, when Bonnie wakes up, she's gonna be Rayna 2.0."

"You have got to be joking?" Klara glanced up to Damon as she got back up to her feet. She shook her head in disbelief. "Please, tell me you're joking."

"And does that gift begin with a very long nap?" Enzo asked in an irritated tone of voice while Damon stressfully downed his drink.

"I didn't get a chance to ask as she burst into flames. And before you ask, no, I did not get a chance to interrogate her little shaman friend, because he vanished at the same time!" 

"Damon! Did the spell work or not?" Enzo jumped up to his feet in anger as his friend continued to rant and rave about how Rayna Cruz double-crossed him but all he cared about was Bonnie.

"I don't know, Enzo." The Salvatore vampire admitted with a deep breath. "I have no idea why she's not waking up. And, the least she could do to thank us for saving her life is just open her eyes, let us know whether or not she wants to murder us."

"What if she doesn't?" Enzo mumbled from the other side of the room as Klara raised an eyebrow. "You two know her as well as I do. Waking up means she'll have to kill us—"

"—That's the reason she's not waking up. Because she doesn't wanna kill us. Because she's fighting whatever the hell urge this is." Klara continued on from Enzo's explanation as the British vampire nodded. "It's possible, right?"

"Yeah. It's possible. And, I think I know how to help her." Stefan's voice boomed as the front door swung open. Klara locked eyes with Salvatore for a short, brief moment but then she looked away. "Rayna used to say that she had to kill me, but she didn't want to. She could sense my humanity through some sort of psychic link. So, if Bonnie's fighting the same war in her head, we need to give her some ammunition." 

"What? So, one of us needs to delve into her subconscious, and do what, exactly?" Enzo raised an eyebrow toward the younger Salvatore. 

"It's obvious." Klara crossed her arms over her chest and nodded slowly. "We need to convince her that not all vampires are evil monsters that deserve to die."