𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | I CARRY YOUR HEART WITH ME

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA WANDERED OUT OF THE BATHROOM TO NOTICE THAT BONNIE HAD ALREADY STARTED GATHERING HER THINKINGS TO LEAVE. The blonde furrowed her brows and then watched Bonnie signal to Caroline, who was still fast asleep in her bed across the room. 

"I didn't wanna wake her," Bonnie whispered in a hushed tone as she slid a grimoire into her handbag.

Klara pursed her lips as a soft groan escaped Caroline's lips. "Well, something tells me she's awake now."

The Forbes vampire's eyes flickered open. She scanned the fact that Bonnie looked prepared to leave and then gasped. "Woah. Where you about to sneak out without even saying hi." Caroline then pulled back her blankets. "Get in here, both of you."

Klara watched Bonnie hurry herself over to Caroline's bed without hesitation. Though, the two girls furrowed their brows when they saw Klara just stood by the bathroom door. "Uh, I can't. I'll probably burn you."

"Oh. Right. Your freaky-vervain skin." Caroline hummed in response. "I forgot about that."

Bonnie gave a confident smile toward her best friend. "I'll work on unraveling the spell when I get back."

"If you could— that would actually be amazing." Klara sighed out of frustration as she ran a hand through her hair. "Honestly, this no-touching-vamps-thing is really taking its toll."

"Can we at least go shopping for Halloween costumes and worry about magic later?" The Forbes girl suggestively wriggled her eyebrows as she eyed up her best friends.

"I'm kind of already worrying about magic today," Bonnie revealed with a deep sigh. "Alaric thinks we can reunite Jo's spirit with her body by using some sketchy Native American resurrection stone. My job is to crush his dreams in the most gentle way possible."

"Oh, my God. Wow. I really have been out of the loop." Klara trailed off in amazement. "A freaky resurrection stone and you don't think it'll work?"

"I don't think it should." A chuckle left the Bennett witch's lips. "The Other Side is gone, there is no more Gemini prison worlds, which means Jo's spirit is— probably at peace."

Silence befell the room as a loud sigh escaped Caroline's lips. "Our lives are weird."

"Oh, believe me. I know." Klara chuckled softly as she pulled out an outfit option from her dresser. Bonnie waved a quick goodbye to the girls and then hurried off out of the dorm. "At least you don't have to deal with Stefan's first love coming back."

As soon as the words first love left Klara's lips, Caroline immediately furrowed her brows in horror. "First love? I don't understand, Katherine is—"