𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | I'M THINKING OF YOU ALL THE WHILE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE LOUD, HIGH-PITCHED RINGING BLARED THROUGH KLARA'S EARS EVEN AFTER SHE REGAINED CONSCIOUSNESS. She laid on the ground, covered in shards of broken glass that had pierced her skin upon the impact of the windows that had shattered. Then, she remembered— Kai. The blonde shakily lifted herself up to her feet, but Stefan appeared beside her and helped her upright.

Stefan's eyes scanned her cautiously as if he were checking her over. "You okay?" His heart pounded at the thought of anything happening to the woman he loved. 

Klara vigorously nodded. She yanked a few shards of glass from her skin and hissed in pain afterward. "I'm fine, I'm fine. What about—"

"Stefan!" Damon cried out helplessly toward his brother. As they turned their attention to the Salvatore, they noticed Elena laid unconscious within his hold. Blood dripped from her lips, almost as if Damon had been attempting to heal her with his own blood. "She won't wake up. She won't wake up, I don't understand."

"Oh, my God." Caroline's eyes widened as she stepped forward to see her best friend unconscious in Damon's arms.

"Just get her to the hospital. Now." Stefan thickly swallowed before Damon nodded and disappeared out of the venue with his girlfriend. 

"She's human now. She took the cure. What if she—" Klara started, but before she even got a chance to finish her sentence, Kai appeared behind them and snapped all three of their necks with his magic.

"Nothing personal but this is a family matter now." The siphoner smirked to himself as he watched their bodies drop at his feet.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Ugh." A grunt left Klara's lips as she lifted her hand up to the back of her neck and started to rub it. Her eyes fluttered open and she immediately noticed she, Stefan and, Caroline were all bundled in the back of a car with no recollection of how they had even gotten there. "I really wish people would stop snapping my damn neck!"

"Good. You're up." Enzo announced the moment he heard the blonde's grunts. Klara turned to Stefan and furrowed their brows. "Sorry to be indecorous, but you three were solidly unconscious when I pulled you from the wedding mayhem."

"Where are we going?" Caroline immediately asked, but it wasn't long before realization fell across her face, followed by panic. All she could think about was the state of her best friend. "Elena—"

"Elena is in the hospital with Damon. Kai is dead and all the Geminis are going down with him." Enzo informed immediately as Klara's eyes widened. "And, I grabbed the three of you to help me deal with the bigger problem."