𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | 500 YEARS OF SOLITUDE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELENA GILBERT AND DAMON SALVATORE HAD BROKEN UP. It was a national event in Caroline's eyes and she ordered the girls to make sure that Elena was not able to wallow in her despair, especially since it was Damon she was wallowing over. 

"Okay. Time to wake up, sleepyhead!" Caroline announced as she Bonnie, and Klara all walked into the their dorm to see Elena completely unmerged in her blankets.

"No! I'm not leaving this bed!" Elena Gilbert's muffled voice yelled back. Her voice sounded broken but that was a given— she was heartbroken.

"Which is why we brought breakfast to you." Bonnie answered in a sympathetic tone while Klara stepped forward and yanked Elena's blankets from her.

The doppelganger irritably sat up in her bed and then noticed Bonnie was holding a breakfast platter. "What is all this?" A small smile crept onto her lips.

"Apparently this is your break-up breakfast." Klara nodded in Caroline's direction. The Forbes girl had come up with the concept as soon as she learned of the breakup. 

Caroline started to pour the girl a mimosa, making sure to add more champagne than orange juice as Bonnie and Klara perched on the edge of Elena's bed. "So, that's it? You're just giving up?"

"As she should!" Caroline interjected immediately as she handed Elena her mimosa. "I mean, he did say, and I quote— I am a bad person. I am bad for you, and I'm choosing to let you go."

Elena narrowed her eyes to the blonde who recited her break up word for word. "You memorized my break up?" The doppelganger scoffed.

"Would you assume anything less?" Klara asked Elena as she laid beside her in the single bed. It was no surprise that Caroline hated Damon and Elena together, so the fact that they broke up was like her Christmas to her.

Elena downed the mimosa and then shrugged. "I just have to face reality. If Damon makes up his mind about something, it's done."

Caroline nodded in agreement with Elena, but her attention was taken to the girl's phone that buzzed on the nightstand beside her. Klara noticed the hopeful look on Elena's face, who clearly wanted it to be Damon. "It's Stefan."

Elena rolled her eyes and rested her head on Klara's shoulder. "Tell him I don't feel like talking."

"She doesn't feel like talking." Bonnie turned to Caroline and repeated every word Elena had previously said.

Caroline nodded, answered the phone and pressed it to her ear. "She doesn't feel like talking."

"Well, she's gonna wanna talk about this."