𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬||𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐏𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫

December 20th

The luminous Christmas lights light up the coffee shop. Christmas trees in every corner, with empty boxes underneath, wrapped up like actual gifts.

Christmas music played softly over the radio, and it mixed with the chatter of people having conversations. I sip on my peppermint mocha and set down my book, waiting impatiently for my best friend, Will. 

I look mindlessly around the room. My eyes meet with him. "Finally." I say with a chuckle. He walks over to me. "Y/N, I'm really sorry I'm late." He says apologetically. "Will, it's ok. I'm glad you could make it." I say.

I hug him, never wanting to let go. As cliche as it sounds, I fell in love with him. It's cliche as hell, but it's true. It's like a romance movie almost. The girl falling for his best friend.

"You look lovely." He says. I blush lightly, hoping my makeup would cover most of it. "Thank you, Will. You look very handsome." I say.

"So, it feels like we haven't seen each other in forever." Will says. I nod. "Two weeks. That is a world record for us." I joke. He smiles. "Well, I've missed you." He says. "I've missed you as well." I say.

"What's new with you?" Will asks. I shrug. "Nothing much. Just trying to destress. Ya know, Christmas and things like that make me uptight sometimes." I say. He nods. "I get like that too sometimes." He says, understandingly.

"I actually have to ask you something." Will says. "Ask away." I say. "Well, The Maze Runner cast is having a Christmas dinner and I was wondering if you wanted to attend it with me?" He asks. "Will, I would love to go with you." I say.

"And it'll be like a date." He says. I smile. "I'm ok with that." I say. He smiles back. "Really? You won't be weirded out or anything?" He asks. I shake my head.

He gives me a light kiss on the lips. "Uh... Sorry." He says. "Is that all you got, Poulter?" I ask and kiss him harder than he kissed me.

"Wow." He whispers. I nod. "I'll always be grateful for Starbucks." I say. He smiles. "Definitely." He says.

Word count- 371

I swear, this is my last finger update lol. It turns out, it is broken. So... Anyway, have a good day, I guess, or whatever.

XoXo,
RK