𝐌𝐫 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐧||𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐧

I work up the nerve to knock on the door to Mr Dolan's classroom. I nervously wipe my sweaty palms on my skirt. I just had to tell him the truth.

After contemplating for about five minutes, I finally knock on the door. "Enter." Mr Dolan says in his deep voice that made me fall weak in my knees. I take a deep breath and enter the classroom.

He looks up from his papers and smiles. He gets up and I walk towards him. "Hi, baby girl." He says. He gives me a peck on my lips. The fire from the small kiss lingers on my lips. I shake my head.

"Mr Dolan, I have to talk to you about something important." I say.

"Ok. Go ahead, baby." He says.

"I can't do this anymore." I say.

"Can't do what anymore?" He asks.

"This. I really like you, Mr Dolan, but I just cannot be in this relationship anymore." I say.

He furrows his eyebrows. "Wh-Why? What did I do?" He asks.

"Nothing."

"Then why are you breaking us up?" He asks, cupping my cheek. I stare into his eyes and see the pain in them.

"You have a wife, and kids. You had a life before I came into it. And I turned your life upside down. I care about you, a lot. But you're lying to your family, and I'm certainly not going to be second choice. I'm sorry, Mr Dolan." I say.

"Y/N, can't we work this out?" He asks.

"What's to work out? You knew what was gonna happen once you got into a student-teacher relationship." I say.

"Y/N, I love you and-" I cut him off. "I loved you too. But you need to go home to your wife. And your kids need a father. I'm not messing that up." I say and turn to walk out. He grabs my wrist and I turn back around. "Please, Grayson, don't make this more complicated than it has to be." I hardly ever use his real name, so that was unusual to say.

He lets me go. A tear slides down his cheek. "Please don't."

"I'm sorry, Mr Dolan." I say and kiss his cheek. "I have to go." I whisper. I walk out, leaving a broken man who needs to get back to his own life.

Word count- 397

Hope you guys had a happy New Year. Hopefully 2021 will be a good year. 2020 was a hell of a year. Have a good 2021.

XoXo,
RK