𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥||𝐑𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐇𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐲

"So, that is the end of the tour." My new principal says. "So, any questions"

"No, ma'am. I think I'm good." I reply.

"Alright, Miss Y/N. If you have any questions, come and get me. And I'm sure some of your classmates would be happy to help you." She says.

"Thank you. I will."

She smiles and walks down the hallway. I work up the courage to enter the history class. You got this, it's fine. I give myself a slight pep talk.

I slowly enter the classroom and all eyes turn to my attention. "Ah, you must be Y/N. Welcome to history. I'm Mr Kramer." The teacher says as I walk towards him. We shake hands.

"Thanks." I say awkwardly.

"Just find an open seat. Sit wherever." He says and I nod.

I see an open spot next to a cute boy wearing a Mötorhead shirt and thick black eyeliner.

"Hey." He whispers. "You got a pencil?"

I nod and get out a freshly sharpened pencil and hand it to him. "Here you go." I whisper.

"Thanks." He smirks. "Cute outfit."

"Uhm. Thanks?" I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or serious.

He chuckles.

I turn my attention back to what Mr Kramer is saying about the civil war.

"Pst." I already don't like this kid.

"What?"

"I didn't catch your name there." He says. "I'm Rodrick."

"Well, hello, Rodrick. I didn't throw it. And if you don't mind, I would like to pay attention."

"Fiery."

"Mr Heffley, is there anything you would like to share with the class?" Mr Kramer announces without even looking up from his notes.

"Uh.. no? That's why I was whispering." He says in a 'duh' tone.

"Alright, keep Y/N out of it. She is not interested in your shenanigans."

He rolls his eyes and puts his feet up on the desk.

------------------

The bell rings and I gather my stuff up. I neatly unfold my schedule to see what class I have next.

Rodrick comes up to me and sticks out the pencil I gave him. "So, Y/N/N-"

"It's Y/N." I say quietly and take the pencil. "Only my dad calls me that."

"May I see your schedule?" He asks and I hand it to him. "You have math next and so do I. Wanna walk there together?"

I nod. "I'd like that."

We exit the classroom and we stop at our lockers, which are only four numbers apart.

"So, what do you do for fun around here?" I ask as I shut my locker.

He shrugs. "I have a band. I usually hang out in my basement with them."

"Really?" I ask, interested in his band. "What's it called?"

"Löded Diper." He says.

"Löded Diper?" He nods. "Well, what kind of music do you play?"

"Loud." He says and smiles.

I giggle and he opens the door for me. "Thank you."

"So, Y/N, you wanna come hear my band play this weekend?" He asks. "In my basement of course."

I smile. "Sure. I'll come listen."

"Great." He says. "I'll be waiting."

Word count- 518

Hope y'all liked this. I have my last set of finals, then I'm done with tests for the year! And thank you for 9k!

XoXo,
RK