𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫||𝐉𝐢𝐦 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫

Lately, Jim has been self conscious about his dad bod. It's all because we saw my ex at the store the other day.

Today, he decided to go to the gym with me.

"Babe, start off slow, okay? You aren't gonna get abs overnight." I tell him as he grabs two fifty pound weights to put on the end of the barbell.

"I'm fine."

"Jim, start off with the twenty-five pound weights."

He sight and changes them.

He lies down on the bench to prepare for bench presses. I hold the bar lightly to spot him.

"I got it, Y/N." He says, getting irritated.

"Jim, will you let your pride go? It's a bench press. You aren't superman. Let me help you."

"Whatever."

"What's going on with you?" I ask him.

"Y/N, I am trying to work out and if you help, it won't be as effective."

"Jim, let me spot you. It's not a suggestion." He agrees in defeat. He grunts and I follow the bar with my fingertips. "Take your time; you'll hurt yourself if you go too fast."

He slows down his pace, making a difference in his struggle.

"And for the record, I love your dad bod." I say as he finishes.

"Good, because this is the last time I'm working out."

Word count - 219

Idk why I thought this was funny. We had weight lifting at practice this morning at EIGHT which I'm not here for lmao.

XoXo,
RK